Where did all the knives go?

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
**Update 11/14/2015**

Thanks to the amazing support of my wonderful knife family, EK&T knives are in 29 states, Washington, D.C. and four foreign nations; France, Germany, Bulgaria, and Canada! THANK YOU!!

8a4ace68050bfe58d4804dc66a0c41a2.jpg

Guys, it's an honor to be chosen to provide you with some of the best knives being made with the world's best warranty. I know you have so many other things you could have purchased, but you chose to become part of the Evans Knife and Tool family. For that I grateful and honored. I've met some of you face to face, and talked to some of you on the phone. Others I've exchanged countless emails, not always about knives. I love hearing from my knife family.

As the orders for the Companions came in over the last couple weeks, I noticed a whole lot of different zip codes. Heck, even two European nations!

So I thought, how cool would it be to get a map and some push pins and see where my family lives!? Twenty minutes and $100 later (you know how hard it is to go to Wal-Mart hungry with two preschoolers?) I had a map to put up on my cork board. What I saw surprised me.

It looks like I threw a handful of pins at the board. Illinois is representing pretty well, with knives being shipped as close as an hour away, to as far as Chicago area and East St Louis area. But guys, you all are scattered all over the map!

From Washington, DC to Spokane Washington. From Miami to LA. From Houston to Fargo. There's even those two pieces of paper representing St. Remy de Provence, France and Munich, Germany.

So thank you, danke, and merci! I can't wait to update this map and see where my knife family lives.

If you haven't, feel free to drop me a call or an email. I'd love to hear from you, even if it's not about knives.

0927151750.jpg

Last edited:
Hé, hé ! That's cool ! I'm honored to be one of those push pins !!!

Judging from the looks of that little blade, you have it all really pat. I've been on a small blade roll lately, and well, all I can say is small blades could be more difficult than the big ones to get right in the end. Can't wait to lay hands on mine...

Getting some pics uploaded to my photobucket right now. Unfortunately the delivery truck showed up this morning, long before my mailman, so it missed all the box cutting today.

@slims_88 how did you make that horizontal carry clip?

I took the factory sheath, and used a pull the dot snap on it. Give me a few minutes, and I can show how I attached it.

Sorry for blurriness of pics, but you'll get the idea of how it wraps under the sheath, from there it goes under your belt.

@slims_88
Can you start a thread with those same pictures? I think that would be a great how to thread. I might try to do the same thing. Where'd you get your snap thing?

I'm the single Kansas City dot with honor and pleasure! lol

I am hoping mine shows up today, but probably more likely tomorrow.

Make that French pushpin red, or even pink, and flashing !!! Mine arrived today and I'm totally delighted with this little knife. Even the Kydex sheath does work very well (finally one I don't want to dump and replace with a leather one...). It's so well shaped and balanced, I believe this would also be a great success with 2 inches more overall. The Big Companion... I want one !

Back