Where in the world are Moosez45 and DerekH?

Great line. Someone who looks like Derek was just spotted wearing a cape and a jock strap in a Topeka Wal-Mart pharmacy. I think Moose and Derek may be trying to form a superhero duo, and it's been pulling them away from Bladeforums.

yet another reason to avoid Wally World!
(did they say which one -- there are 5 WM's in Topeka...)

So are we mounting a rescue mission or are we letting the Uzbekis keep them? I'm cool with whatever, just curious.

Idk. I heard the ransom for them was over $20 so the search for them was called off and beer was had. I can only assume they are still captive or they were let go due to the foul stench of wet moose.

Hit a deer right before the worst storm (so far) of the season and totaled the Cherokee. And no, I didn't keep the deer. First time I have ever been in that sort of situation, and while I was planning on looking for something newer I was hoping it would wait until the Spring. Anyways, no injuries, so all is good.

Bummer man...you had an XJ, right?
Should be pretty easy to find a match, but its still a big hassle to deal with. You have full coverage?

Hit a deer right before the worst storm (so far) of the season and totaled the Cherokee. And no, I didn't keep the deer. First time I have ever been in that sort of situation, and while I was planning on looking for something newer I was hoping it would wait until the Spring. Anyways, no injuries, so all is good.

I didn't know they sold Jeep Cherokees in Uzbekistan. Well, hopefully there's still enough money left in D's account to get another.

Don't Uzbeki deer have backstraps? Didn't Derek have a Becker on him? Something stinks about that post. I think it might be an Uzbeki trap.

Next thing you know he's going to say it happened in another country and he can't get home because of the accident and he needs to borrow some money. It's a trick fellas, he's probably not even a legit Uzbeki scammer.

Uzbekistan or not, it sucked pretty hard. Only had liability on the XJ since it was paid off many, many moons ago (for $2500 I sure got my money's worth) and pretty much signed it over to the tow company to cover the bill. Would have taken way more money to fix than I would've wanted to sink into it. And for what I ended up getting I am pretty pleased. 2011 Dodge Nitro, which has handled very nicely in the ice and snow so far, and drives like the Cherokee but has more space and a lot more amenities, like a defroster, and a functioning suspension.

Uzbekistan or not, it sucked pretty hard. Only had liability on the XJ since it was paid off many, many moons ago (for $2500 I sure got my money's worth) and pretty much signed it over to the tow company to cover the bill. Would have taken way more money to fix than I would've wanted to sink into it. And for what I ended up getting I am pretty pleased. 2011 Dodge Nitro, which has handled very nicely in the ice and snow so far, and drives like the Cherokee but has more space and a lot more amenities, like a defroster, and a functioning suspension.

Suspensions are awesome. I don't know why they even sell hardtail autos anymore these days.

Well at least you got a newish rig. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear of the bad news D. Glad you're ok!

Now with the seriousness out of the way, on to the Snark.

I'm calling b.s on the new vehicle because there are no pictures with Becker's on said vehicle. I also don't expect there to be any since I hear those Uzbeki's don't really like operating photo devices. Its also clear as pointed out earlier that this couldn't be Derek as a revenge eating of the deer would of been the natural way to do things, and it wasn't done! Sad sad times we live in folks.

Well, had about 2 minutes when the wrecker showed to decide whether to have the missus drive me to work, where I would end up staying for 3 days, or go home. Since my job kinda revolves around emergency management during situations like that, I opted for work as quickly as possible since the missus still had to drive back in all the nasty weather. She got me there, and then a 1 hour return trip ended up taking her 2. Thankfully she drives a better Jeep and had no issues. And I did end up staying at work for the next three days.

Gotta find a way to pay for the new vehicle somehow... You ever gonna drag your carcass to a gathering?

Sorry to hear of the bad news D. Glad you're ok!

Now with the seriousness out of the way, on to the Snark.

I'm calling b.s on the new vehicle because there are no pictures with Becker's on said vehicle. I also don't expect there to be any since I hear those Uzbeki's don't really like operating photo devices. Its also clear as pointed out earlier that this couldn't be Derek as a revenge eating of the deer would of been the natural way to do things, and it wasn't done! Sad sad times we live in folks.

If it's uninjured, it's hard to eat a deer... So this makes perfect sense.

Back