Where is everyone from

This questions comes up here and on other sites once in a while. It would be nice if people would at least pit the state they live in in their profile. What are we hiding?

You're right. It would be nice, though if we had a forum intended for non-knife related discussion, announcements of get-togethers, knife show listings, humor, and everyday life, allowing us to keep this subforum dedicated to discussion of knives.

Maybe someone can get on that.

My knife today is from Switzerland.

Kid, it is no secret what rural California looks like. I lived north of you in Oregon for 28 years. It's not some magical place no one can comprehend.

I see the OP updated where he lives. Thank you! If people don't list where they live in their profile they either don't want you to know (for whatever reason) or they do not know listing it on their profile is an option (for whatever reason).
Of course it's no secret and is not magical at all, it's just that most people probably imagine southern California when they think of the state.

Considering it's part of California it happens to be pretty good, but not that great.

New Mexico !
Maybe little Tijuana, but it was probably as hot as new Mexico last week at 107.

It's just rural northern California which isn't exactly special, but it seems that most people think of southern California and Hollywood...ect when thinking of the state.

Of course it's no secret and is not magical at all, it's just that most people probably imagine southern California when they think of the state.

Considering it's part of California it happens to be pretty good, but not that great.
Then don't portray it as such or pretend most people don't know what it is like.

Then don't portray it as such or pretend most people don't know what it is like.

All I said was that one might not realize they were in California if they didn't know because there is often a different picture when one thinks of this state.

I did not pretend anything, there are plenty of people who only know of this state (or any state they've never been to ) what they see in movies.

I come from planet earth somewhere around NEPA. In fact I’m from here to be exact.

YD2sb15.jpg

....It's just rural northern California which isn't exactly special, but it seems that most people think of southern California and Hollywood...ect when thinking of the state.
We all deal with that sort of thing if the climate and terrain is variable. For example, many people think cactus and desert for Texas and that couldn't be further from the truth (or only a small part of the truth). One of my relatives settled (retired) in the mountains of Northern CA. He loved it there.

I'm located in SE Tennessee. I was in Middle TN the other day and was marveling at acres and acres of well cared for farm land. Yes, you can find cotton fields.

I come from planet earth somewhere around NEPA. In fact I’m from here to be exact.

YD2sb15.jpg
Where's the water ? :D
It's funny how names of towns...ect made sense long ago but no longer do.
I once lived in a city called Orangevale where the only oranges I saw were in the fridge, and a citycity w my mom currently lives called citrus heights where it's the same story.
Maybe there were oranges and or various types of citrus growing there 50+ years ago, but not anymore that I've ever seen.
Now they're just filled with stoners.

You're right. It would be nice, though if we had a forum intended for non-knife related discussion, announcements of get-togethers, knife show listings, humor, and everyday life, allowing us to keep this subforum dedicated to discussion of knives.
We do and the thread is there now in Community. Not many people visit Community, but it's a friendly sub-forum. It should be more popular.

Edge01: I used to live in SE KY for about 15 years. I like it there. After you get used to it and you like the outdoors and montains, it is a wonderful place.

The house in the bottom right corner
IMG_3505.PNG

Back