Where is everyone from

Where is everyone from

Existentially speaking?

From the here and now man. I mean are we really here at all or just a fragment of some deranged biker hippie child of the 60s?

The real question is not where are you from but where do you wanna be?

I wanna be somewhere that has 4 seasons within 2 hours drive. Also mountains, ocean, rivers and lakes within that same 2 hours. I wanna live on 3 acres backed up to 100,000 acres of federal forests.

80* with 55% RH during the day and 65* for the overnight. At least 4 good snowstorms a winter with a white Xmas every year. Enough rain to keep things green without makin’ a swamp or marsh.

No big box stores within a 30 minute ride good Chinese and Italian that delivers and local merchants for my day to day stuff with a good local bar and diner within 10 minutes of home.

Anyplace like that around?

I’m not sure...

Everyone here says - “y’all ain’t from around here, is ya?”...

I thought I was but I guess I “ain’t”...

Cheers/bg

Why do you ask?
Quote from a Clint Eastwood movie. Your handle, "Man with no name", was one of Eastwood's characters in the spaghetti westerns from the 1960s. So I just quoted a line from a 1976 Eastwood western. My dumb attempt at humor!

Where is everyone from
I don't know but I'm pretty sure I'm not from around here .
A lot of what I see going on here seems really alien to me. I've been trying to hitch a ride off this rock but my Sub-Etha Sens-O-matic has been very quite for so long I'm beginning to think
extraterrestrial ships are giving us a wide birth.

I am from the south end of Tallapoosa County in east central Alabama. Paradise in the 50's and early 60's for a kid who loved to hunt and fish.
I currently stay in Clay, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham, and dearly wish I was back in Tallapoosa County. Alas, having grandchildren a 15 minute drive from here, my wife wouldn't hear of moving.

I am bound for the eternal city.

Born in Wilkes Barre, PA...spent a few decades in Pike Creek, DE...now I'm in Stratford, NJ. Still wondering how I ended up here, but it looks like I might be stuck for a while.

Chicago area then Mudlick,Illinois. Then Miami Florida. Later Wittier, California.
Back to Chicago area then Fort Dodge, Iowa....the toughest town in the U.S.
Fort Bragg, North Carolina HOOOAAH! Followed by Bellevue, Nebraska....home of real gun loving Americans
And their friends.

Back