Where is the MEGA Mistress?

Robocarullo

Gold Member
Did the swamp get a patent on the Mega treatment?

I was daydreaming earlier and got to thinking about the battle mistress. More specifically a MEGA Mistress with the hybrid grind, that lovely rounded spine (JH10), and skelly handles (as seen on the nekid MEGA RMD).

This would surely be epic.

Last edited:
Going tip to toe with a 1311 is pretty MEGA, imho...

nH6qNsg.jpg

I do love the Forsaken Mistress... but how is the JH10 not already almost a Mega Mistress?
10" Blade, hollow grind that turns into a flat grind towards the tip, swedge with reinforced tip, rounded edges, with protruding tang...
It's basically there, just without the mistress name!

I do love the Forsaken Mistress... but how is the JH10 not already almost a Mega Mistress?
10" Blade, hollow grind that turns into a flat grind towards the tip, swedge with reinforced tip, rounded edges, with protruding tang...
It's got the grind, just not the waistline(d)

Close, but it's a Jackhammer not a Mistress! It's more than a name, the handle (angle of handle to blade), blade height, sand hape,are different. The Mistress is a chopper, the JH10 seems like a longer fighting/utility blade. Swedges are no good for batoning, the weight distribution is different, and I have no use for that extra pointy pommel. Also It's not .35 at the spine with the hybrid combo grind. :)

I imagine the already great Mistress design would be over the top in chopping performance with the slicey and bitey edge with a splitting wedge for a spine.

I'm not sure if it would scratch the same itch as a Mistress but maybe we'll get a Mega Rat Mastiff if the Mega treatment is only found in the Swamp

Going tip to toe with a 1311 is pretty MEGA, imho...

nH6qNsg.jpg

Agreed! A 1311 is pretty mega in how it gets the job done. A mega 1311 with the same grind as what's on the Mega Swamp Warden, or maybe an ASHBM style would be really cool too- maybe the extreme hollow grind would allow for an interesting balance.

A newer mistress that defies gravity like the old SHBMs would be pretty dang irresistible!

Back