Where online for custom knives?

Hi there.

Am looking to buy my first upscale folder. Thinking somewhere in the $500-800$ range.

Can y'all give me any recommendations for reputable, online sources for high quality custom knives? Am aware already of http://www.knifeart.com, but I would like to take a look at others as well, especially if you have recommendations for sites of individual craftsmen.

FYI: What I'm looking for, roughly, is:

• Damascus blades/bolsters
  • handle of ivory, bone, or some top-notch wood
  • 2.5"-3" drop point blade.
  • locking, but not a lockback. Preferably something cooler like liner or Axis-ish lock
  • Excellent craftsmanship

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

I remember when I got my first really nice custom,,very exciting. Any of the people on that list should be able to hook you up with no problem,,If I can help you feel free to shoot me some mail.

Phillip :)

Go to popsknifesupplies.com in his gallery is a couple of folders made by David Winston which are alot like you described.

There are many makers that you could contact directly that would make knives from those materials and in your price range. Makers such as Kit Carson, Allen Elishewitz, Tom Anderson, Darrel Ralph, and many others.

For dealers I would look at True North Knives and Robertson Custom Cutlery just because I know and trust the people that run those companies.

Actually, depending on what you want, and how knowledgeable you are about the makers out there, I would check the classifieds here, and eBay. I know there's a JW Smith in classifieds right now.

I know there are a couple others, wealthy collectors who have a retail site where they turn over their collection. Could someone refresh my memory?

Back