Where the heck are the real word pictures of the new SR1

If anyone can link to some decent photos of arguably one of their best designs for 2017 i'd be very grateful. Been waiting for ages for just a few decent shots of the thing that aren't cartoon looking airbrushed photos on websites. Thanks

The knife isn't out yet, so you're not likely to see many real world pictures until people can actually GET it in the real world. And CS rarely releases specific release dates for their designs, so you're not likely to find out when that might be until shortly before they actually ship, which, considering Cold Steel releases products throughout the year, could be anytime between now and December.

The knife isn't out yet, so you're not likely to see many real world pictures until people can actually GET it in the real world. And CS rarely releases specific release dates for their designs, so you're not likely to find out when that might be until shortly before they actually ship, which, considering Cold Steel releases products throughout the year, could be anytime between now and December.

It's pretty silly that the footage is so staggered, the knives are clearly made, they are present at the booth on videos for people to fondle so why not at least show the public what they want and create some want for them. Seems a bit backwards that the knife is available for pre-order when it hasnt even been shown much at all, most pre-order products are well previewed so people actually know what they are pre-ordering.

It's pretty silly that the footage is so staggered, the knives are clearly made, they are present at the booth on videos for people to fondle so why not at least show the public what they want and create some want for them. Seems a bit backwards that the knife is available for pre-order when it hasnt even been shown much at all, most pre-order products are well previewed so people actually know what they are pre-ordering.

The prototypes are shown at the booth, but they are not always finalized. Sometimes, they end up not being made at all(like those "Estwing-style" tomahawks they announced last year that never saw the light of day).

I fear that the SR1 might have some initial second-thought hitches like the initial version of the 4Max had

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hopefully they are released soon, it's literally the #1 knife of 2017 i'm waiting for. I also wish they did a standard blade version of the Night Force, it's a very nice blade shape.

Glenn056; I don't think quality control is going to be a problem,if its made in the same factory as the recon 1s ,voyager,and similar knives,im sure its going to be perfect right out of the gate. Its obvious wherever the 4max was made,they somehow messed it up. if t was also made where the other knives mentioned were made,they would not have had any problems.

The SR1 is the only Cold Steel I'm looking forward to as well. It doesn't look like it has any gold bling (golden eyes and golden pocket clips remind me of gold teeth on rappers).

The handle looks to be hand filling, unlike CS's recent trend of thin narrow web-of-the-hand hurting handles. It might actually be capable of doing some hard work.

Glenn056; I don't think quality control is going to be a problem,if its made in the same factory as the recon 1s ,voyager,and similar knives,im sure its going to be perfect right out of the gate. Its obvious wherever the 4max was made,they somehow messed it up. if t was also made where the other knives mentioned were made,they would not have had any problems.

I agree. :thumbup:

The SR1 is the only Cold Steel I'm looking forward to as well. It doesn't look like it has any gold bling (golden eyes and golden pocket clips remind me of gold teeth on rappers).

The handle looks to be hand filling, unlike CS's recent trend of thin narrow web-of-the-hand hurting handles. It might actually be capable of doing some hard work.

I agree, i've been wanting a Cold Steel with all these attribute forever, It's like an Adamas with a Triad-Lock, and thank god it's an un-coated blade, can't wait to get one.

Gonna jump on the sr1 bandwagon as well. It's on my must buy as it reminds of a 4 max. Not to say that I wouldn't buy others but this one stands out.
I believe the show version is still a prototype as there isn't any laser markings on it. Actually I wouldn't mind if they just left the knife without any markings.

Gonna jump on the sr1 bandwagon as well. It's on my must buy as it reminds of a 4 max. Not to say that I wouldn't buy others but this one stands out.
I believe the show version is still a prototype as there isn't any laser markings on it. Actually I wouldn't mind if they just left the knife without any markings.

Agreed, i would love if they kept the blade unmarked.

My winter knife buying is over and it's time for fishing, metal detecting etc. But this is one that I will likely keep an eye out for regardless. I hope for an uncoated, non bill board blade also.

Knife Center still has a note about "no further delivery info available..." on their site. They send me an automated email once a week telling me my pre-order is still pending, but that's it. CS has a habit of releasing certain knives really late, so it could be next week or it might not be until Christmas. :eek::D

Knife Center still has a note about "no further delivery info available..." on their site. They send me an automated email once a week telling me my pre-order is still pending, but that's it. CS has a habit of releasing certain knives really late, so it could be next week or it might not be until Christmas. :eek::D

This is bugging me to bits hey. It just has to be the one dam knife i'm interested in from them the most. I'm carrying my 4max these days until it get released, not a downgrade by any means, but i feel the SR1 will try to pull down the pants a little less. Plus i don't wan't to scratch up my 4max too much until i have a spare :)

Back