Where the snark is the snark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love pistol caliber carbine/pistol combos

the .460 s&w an shoot 3 calibers.

a .460 magnum bullet is ridiculous :D

the .454 casul it can shoot also, but apparently someone did a lever action gun on that. woo

otherwise, .44 magnum is wicked.

Yeah, I'd love to get some levers to go with the wheel guns. But Marlin 1894's are junk now and I don't like the open top actions everyone else has. Henry makes a good rifle but I'd really prefer a side loading gate. Guess I'm just too picky maybe. Now the Ruger m77 bolt actions look good. 5lbs and takes detachable mags.

Maybe I should get a .45-70 BFR and a Marlin guide gun. That's a match combo that should get it done. Never know when a hippo is going to escape from the zoo and wander into your camp.

i love pistol caliber carbine/pistol combos

I was totally into that until I realized that I'm an incorrigible optimizer, and would run completely different loads in my Blackhawk and .357 Levergun (which I don't own). That would mean two or three types of bullets, two or three types of powders, probably two set of loading dies, etc. As much duplication as two calibres, with the added non-bonus of the ability to accidentally mix things up at every damn stage. So I bought a .30-30 instead of a .357, figuring it performs like itself very very well, whereas the .357 only performs like a .30-30 when pushed to the edge, and only at modest ranges due to exterior ballistics.

i like the 629 "4 inch" in .44 a lot

the fact it's multi-caliber is cool too.

the S&W similar .357 is sweet too for similar reason.

most recently, i've been enamoured of the .460 magnum. that can use *3* calibers :D the main round is about the size of a AA battery, just about .25 inches longer !!!

I was totally into that until I realized that I'm an incorrigible optimizer, and would run completely different loads in my Blackhawk and .357 Levergun (which I don't own). That would mean two or three types of bullets, two or three types of powders, probably two set of loading dies, etc. As much duplication as two calibres, with the added non-bonus of the ability to accidentally mix things up at every damn stage. So I bought a .30-30 instead of a .357, figuring it performs like itself very very well, whereas the .357 only performs like a .30-30 when pushed to the edge, and only at modest ranges due to exterior ballistics.

Totally valid point. I don't reload yet but I'd try to find a comprimise load that worked decently well in all my guns in a certain chambering, that's the whole point of having guns in the same caliber after all, using the same ammo in all of the. If I got the urge to optimize a load for each gun then that goes out the window.

I really want one of the black hawks in .30 carbine to go with my m1

also, when I'm in the woods I usually carry my dakota .357, it's an itailn repro of a SSA, I don't know a whole lot about it, my dad got it in the 70's, but it seems to be well built and it shoots well

i like the 629 "4 inch" in .44 a lot

the fact it's multi-caliber is cool too.

the S&W similar .357 is sweet too for similar reason.

most recently, i've been enamoured of the .460 magnum. that can use *3* calibers :D the main round is about the size of a AA battery, just about .25 inches longer !!!

WW! Glad you're ok, buddy! What a pointless mess.

'Hoss, I'm a Blackhawk man. The standard frame is my fav, though I have the 50th Anniv. model, which is a touch smaller. Frickin' LOVE that pistol. Gotta have the adjustable sights, IMO. The sight picture is just so much better. The .45Colt model with the .45ACP cylinder would be stupid practical. I do like my .357, though. Damn fine piece of machinery. I put the Super Blackhawk hammer on it. And cocobolo grips... And custom Mernickle mahogany leather... yeah. it's like that.

Just now noticed this. I had a Blackhawk in .45 colt on the larger frame. Nice gun. Now I have a SAA replica from Pietta, the size difference isn't drastic, but it's noticable. A local dealer has a website that you can order off of and pickup in store and they had a flat top blackhawk in .41 magnum for $523. THAT was tempting.

All this gun talk and I'm just sitting here wondering do I order a 3x3 from Todd or a Tradewater... Or both.

That is what I'm leaning towards as well. However I'm gonna have to see what my budget for Blade show is.

You mean you need to slash you buget for everything that's not knives. Do you really need to eat every day?

Todd should have a knife-of-the-month club where you give him your bank account info and he automatically deducts whatever he feels like and the sends you a knife. It's a great deal, you get a custom knife and Todd gets to use up all the scrap.

Liking your new avatar bro!!

Thats badass bud!!

I have had better days....

24938051866_e3e2f13a4d_c.jpg

But that spartan grille is one TOUGH SOB!! That plastic grille would of been in pieces like the rest of the front end.

First things first.... I wasnt at fault....No ticket for me LOL

Some young girl in a hurry caused a 3 truck accident. No real injuries. I have some rug burns up my arm and hand from the airbags but thats about it.

Im trying to stay positive about the whole thing but people suck. So glad i got gap insurance in case they total it.... Which right now they are unsure if they will until they pull off the hood and fender to see if there is any frame damage or if the engine was pushed into the firewall. If so its totaled. If not they may fix it.

I havent even made the first payment on it yet :rolleyes:

Sorry bud. That sucks!! Glad you're good though man!

The grail has landed ....

Still got them picture taking skillz! Congrats bud!

Glad that worked out for you, Todd. Tooth pain of that sort sucks, but not having insurance multiplies the suck factor exponentially. I'm glad you finally, ah...bit the bullet (bad pun, I know) and went in. Shouldn't we have/be celebrated/ing a birthday for you soon/recently? Not that you'll tell us, but....

Ha, im impressed you remember. Yeah, it was the 1st. 42 years young. Spent it in the shop. With Murph, how pathetic is that? :D .........he did bring me some fantastic beer though! :thumbup:

Sorry bud. That sucks!! Glad you're good though man!

Still got them picture taking skillz! Congrats bud!

Yeah every knife/gun/ pocket dump pic comes out flawless. But everyone of my kids is blurry and out of focus. Guess I see their arguement that I don't love them enough.

I can't believe I missed the XM! congrats clich!

I like my clone ;)

IMG_20160207_122843518_zpsiwitlvns.jpg

*pant*pant*pant*

I know. The smaller frame seems like a great platform for the .41. Most other .41 magnums are built on .44mag frames (though the original plan was to make a new frame size around the .41) so I always figured I might as well just get a .44 magnum. But that... But I looked up .41 magnum ammo online and it was just a bit more than .44magnum. I really need to start reloading.

I know. The smaller frame seems like a great platform for the .41. Most other .41 magnums are built on .44mag frames (though the original plan was to make a new frame size around the .41) so I always figured I might as well just get a .44 magnum. But that... But I looked up .41 magnum ammo online and it was just a bit more than .44magnum. I really need to start reloading.

A connoisseur's calibre...
I shot someone's .41 Blackhawk with a 6.5" or 7" barrel. Forget what he had in those handloads - something mid-range. It was wicked at 50 yards. I don't have anywhere I can shoot a handgun past 50yd. :-(

Get a 4x4 this time lol

+1

:thumbup:

Yeah WW, if you can swing it definitely get a 4x4 this time around. I find you don't need it a whole lot but at the same time it's stupid easy to get stuck in a 2wd when a 4x4 could drive out like it was nothing. Tires are also a huge part of it and a limited slip or locking diff(s) make an amazing difference also. Seriously, you would be pretty surprised at what a bone stock 4x4 with a factory limited slip rear diff can do.

You should get this:
[youtube]GcqyZf_u6tE[/youtube]

Would love the 4X4, i checked one out before buying mine. I think the crawl control is badass all by itself. But it was also 10k more than the one i got.
I doubt i will be able to swing the Off Road version, but if some miracle happens id sure love to have it :)

Dang WW, glad you are and that you got the gap insurance.

Worldwood, I'm glad you're okay man! I hope you're not hurting too much today.

Damn, sorry to hear about that. I had my car totaled in a similar-looking collision a last year, idiocy was the cause too. I hope the insurance treats you well as I had a pretty smooth trip through the paperwork as I wasn't at fault.

Dang WW. That's rough. Keep an eye on yourself for the next few days. Last time I was in a car accident, it took a couple days before the pain set in from the whiplash. Hope it all works out, but glad to hear that you didn't suffer any major injuries.

Thanks fellas!

Woke up yesterday not too bad, but as the day progressed my body got stiffer, more sore. Woke up last night around 2am feeling nauseous, threw up a couple times and went back to sleep. Today im pretty sore as well. Back of neck down to my shoulder blades hurt a bit but not severely.... More of an annoying "tightness" or stiffness with some accompanying tingling.

Wife has been trying to talk me into going to get checked out.... But i think im just feeling the whiplash a bit.

Damn WW! Glad you're ok! those women drivers :rolleyes:

Nice bottle opener Warrior!

WW,

I'm glad to hear that no one was seriously injured. And that front grill is amazing!

Damn WW, sorry about your truck, that really sucks. But like everyone else says, it could of been a lot worse. Be thankful no one was injured. If they total it, I'd still keep the grill and hang it on your shop wall. That's pretty badass!!

Thanks fellas!! It could of definitely been worse. 8pm the same night there was a wreck at the same spot, the main car involved was WAY WAY worse off. When i went to the tow yard to release my truck to the insurance people, they should me the damaged car from the 2nd wreck. In pieces, you could fit another engine between the engine and the cab.

Woman driving again... Not that im pointing fingers at women drivers LOL I have made more than my fair share of mistakes driving in the past too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back