Where the snark is the snark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking Toyos. :) I've been looking to get some new toys to attach to our old Ram. Just not sure if it's worth saving the rust prone beast to keep running the bulletproof 318.

Long day in a long week. Decided to throw a few sparks and try making a bottle opener for fun.

It works. :)

Cheers.

Sweet truck bro! I looked at a tundra today. Some nice ass trucks! They had a couple all decked out with black wheels, fancy grilles and stuff, first one I looked at of course and it was like fifty grand... I stopped looking at the tundra stickers then lol

That magnetic grey metallic was what I wanted originally, I love it, but the only one on the lot at the time was a trd 4x4 . So I went with silver sky metallic. Today that lot only had it on one of the limited models.

This time I was getting it for sure, but had to go to another lot, bit further away, and this was the only SR5 on the lot with the MGM color... But I had to pay extra for the XP appearance package... still came out less than the limited, TRD, or 4x4. And I love the wheels that came with the XP package. And I was getting ready (saving up) to drop 1800 on new wheels, so it saved me money... Oh yea...

These tires and wheels have a 5 year replacement protection warranty. Supposedly..... Hit a curb, break a wheel, get a new wheel... Nail ruins tire, get a new tire... No mileage cutoffs and no limits to how many times I can use it during 5 years.

That's crazy stuff... So dishonest people could shove a nail through the sidewall when their threads getting low and just get brand new tires???

I won't be. I need all the karma points I can get.

AC, been ice fishing lately? You've usually posted a few pics by now...

I've only been out a handful of times this winter. I've been able to bring home a few walleye, but nothing spectacular. I had one day where I caught a pile of walleye, but most of them were little fellas. Our weather has been really mild, so the ice has been pretty sketchy. I might try getting out today for a while. Have you been out much?

Thanks Nate

Nice work Dunk!

WW, I love my Tundra. I bought used and just a 4x4 sr5 with a few options, under 7,000 miles, and got a good deal. 50 grand is kinda crazy for a pickup, unless you really need it.

Do you mean better than when they first rolled out the JK or better than the old I6?

Better now than when the JK first rolled out...but no idea...I'm a TJ I6 guy. I agree with everything you said fer sure...

I heard they tried, and tried...but it just wouldn't pass even with 3 cat.conv.'s then the V6 was kinda last minute.

Last edited:
Better now than when the JK first rolled out...but no idea...I'm a TJ I6 guy. I agree with everything you said fer sure...

I heard they tried, and tried...but it just wouldn't pass even with 3 cat.conv.'s then the V6 was kinda last minute.

I would imagine and hope that they would have tried to improve it since it rolled out, but they ought to cut their losses and get an engine that will work for what they're putting it in.

Yeah the I6 is an old design and it couldn't meet emmisions. Same reason Ford had to ditch the 7.3l Powerstroke.

Congrats WW! Love the color and wheels. Our Camry is that color too. Wife says she'll never have that color again because ppl don't see her and she gets cut off and such all the time.

I dont really notice it when I drive it.

That sheath rocks Todd!

It's a shame what must be done in the name of "emission standards" since we're the only country that does it...basically...
Ford has a Focus that sells in the EU.
It's a 3cyl deisel gets around 60+mpg
Won't pass emissions here. Now, I'm no math wiz but doesn't less fuel burned=less crap emitted? I know not in every case but 25mpg vs 60mpg =a lot less fuel burned...

Speaking of diesel...I want to apologize. I bought a diesel truck when it was less than gas. Well...the VERY next day, diesel shot up past gas and never dropped back....my fault.

I've only been out a handful of times this winter. I've been able to bring home a few walleye, but nothing spectacular. I had one day where I caught a pile of walleye, but most of them were little fellas. Our weather has been really mild, so the ice has been pretty sketchy. I might try getting out today for a while. Have you been out much?

Yeah I've only been out 3 or 4 times this winter. It's been a weird season so far. We had a big cold snap at the start of Jan, so the ice is pretty thick, but it's been mild here lately as well, so the flood water is starting already. All the the pike we've pulled up so far have all been hammer handles as well; nothing over 7lbs, and most in the ~3lb range. We've usually pulled a few in the +12lbs by now. They're just not putting on the weight yet. Looks like a delayed spawning season this year. Here's a few from last weekend:

Fishy fishy:

Burbotty boo:

There's a pond nearby that they stocked with tiger trout that I heard is producing lately. Thinking of hitting it next weekend and hopefully take some home.

Jeeps are the best no matter what your husband says!

Just wanted to chime in lol.

Todd your sheaths are the bomb.

Your husband doesn't want a jeep?!? Not even one of the good ones? Try easing his into it with a Cherokee. It's small and practical. ;)

Your husband doesn't want a jeep?!? Not even one of the good ones? Try easing his into it with a Cherokee. It's small and practical. ;)

Screw him. Hide his car somewhere and leave a 1962 or so CJ5 in it's place. Nothing shiny. Just a plain old Jeep with the old 134 F head, a top, tires that hold air and decent brakes.... Maybe a heater if you're feeling generous.

It won't take him long to come around. :D Then instead of buying a new jeep, he'll just come here and bitch about new Jeeps with us.

It's a shame what must be done in the name of "emission standards" since we're the only country that does it...basically...
Ford has a Focus that sells in the EU.
It's a 3cyl deisel gets around 60+mpg
Won't pass emissions here. Now, I'm no math wiz but doesn't less fuel burned=less crap emitted? I know not in every case but 25mpg vs 60mpg =a lot less fuel burned...

And I would think that less fuel burned would help with not using up all the natural resources that they seem concerned about.

It's all good! I have a 1993 Cherokee. It's MINE. Lol. He's warming up to it as years pass. It's a fun vehicle.

I appreciate all the collective wisdom about the wrangler, thanks. I personally like the older body styles that were smaller with the I6. My brother had a older Cherokee with that I6, couldn't kill it even when the car was so beat up that the undercarriage was falling off...

I'm rather tall and I have to admit I only fit comfortably in the newer one. It's obvious they tailored it for creature comfort. I got a chance to rent one for a week and found it easy to live with as a daily driver. I could see that it would have more issues trail busting given its size over the older "harder" models. I know I can't afford a new one, boy those things used hold their value!

I have a sneaking suspicion that either Derek, Moose or both of them are in Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back