Where the snark is the snark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw him. Hide his car somewhere and leave a 1962 or so CJ5 in it's place. Nothing shiny. Just a plain old Jeep with the old 134 F head, a top, tires that hold air and decent brakes.... Maybe a heater if you're feeling generous.

It won't take him long to come around. :D Then instead of buying a new jeep, he'll just come here and bitch about new Jeeps with us.

Good plan.

It's all good! I have a 1993 Cherokee. It's MINE. Lol. He's warming up to it as years pass. It's a fun vehicle.

The boxy Cherokees are pretty good vehicles. A buddy of mine had an early one with a 4 banger and a stick and it still was a great rig.

I appreciate all the collective wisdom about the wrangler, thanks. I personally like the older body styles that were smaller with the I6. My brother had a older Cherokee with that I6, couldn't kill it even when the car was so beat up that the undercarriage was falling off...

I'm rather tall and I have to admit I only fit comfortably in the newer one. It's obvious they tailored it for creature comfort. I got a chance to rent one for a week and found it easy to live with as a daily driver. I could see that it would have more issues trail busting given its size over the older "harder" models. I know I can't afford a new one, boy those things used hold their value!

Every vehicle these days it tailored to creature comfort more than for doing the thing it's supposed to do. I hate new cars, so much.

Speaking of Jeep Cherokees...

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1602-the-ttb-xj-a-common-cherokee-with-an-uncommon-suspension/

Planning on getting a custom EDC fixed blade this Summer. Somewhere between 7.5 and 8.25 or so inches long. Want it to be stainless and fairly rugged. Flood me with suggestions/pics please? :D

Somebody should have put a bullet through its head.... Then threw it in the dump... I hate monkeys.

Doc

Better watch out, you're on that monkey's list now. If you see a monkey with a knife on your bed at night, it's probably not sleep paralasys. :D

Get this, breaking news around here. Apparently, a 18 year old girl was attacked by some asshole while she was taking pictures at one of my favorite hangouts about 20 minutes down the road. Guys attacked her with a hatchet hitting her in the back a few times. They rushed her to the hospital where she remains in critical condition. They arrested the guy, no motive, he didnt know the girl or her family, apparently just lost his freakin mind. He's lucky I wasn't there, I would of unloaded a clip, reloaded and unloaded that one on him. Carry your guns folks, it a crazy world out there.

Get this, breaking news around here. Apparently, a 18 year old girl was attacked by some asshole while she was taking pictures at one of my favorite hangouts about 20 minutes down the road. Guys attacked her with a hatchet hitting her in the back a few times. They rushed her to the hospital where she remains in critical condition. They arrested the guy, no motive, he didnt know the girl or her family, apparently just lost his freakin mind. He's lucky I wasn't there, I would of unloaded a clip, reloaded and unloaded that one on him. Carry your guns folks, it a crazy world out there.

That's nuts... Hope she pulls through. Too bad someone with a gun wasn't there.

What a dick! Hope he gets his in the end...literally...by his cell mate Big Bubba...

Dawson...hit up Todd or Terrio for ur Blade...I know JT uses some stain resistant stuff...not sure of Todd's preferred steels, just ask. You can check out their interwebs in their SIG's.

Planning on getting a custom EDC fixed blade this Summer. Somewhere between 7.5 and 8.25 or so inches long. Want it to be stainless and fairly rugged. Flood me with suggestions/pics please? :D

S30V or D2, drop point, high saber grind... No swedgies...

Is that OAL or just the Blade?

I have a sneaking suspicion that either Derek, Moose or both of them are in Brazil.

This does smell of a planned event. This is how Planet of the Apes type stuff happens, 1st it's rum drinking knife wielding monkeys in bars, then they organize with a super monkey to lead them. Olean HQ better start monitoring big buys of BK21's in Brazil drop shipped to secret locations. Kukri wielding super primates. Scary stuff.

CPM-3V FFG drop-point, maybe similar to this? (Gravelle FK5, he sells a FK7 with a 7in blade) It's my very favorite shape of a knife.

Dawson...hit up Todd or Terrio for ur Blade...I know JT uses some stain resistant stuff...not sure of Todd's preferred steels, just ask. You can check out their interwebs in their SIG's.

S30V or D2, drop point, high saber grind... No swedgies...

Is that OAL or just the Blade?

I've been checking out Todd and JT. I like Todd's Magua and Trailmate, and JT's Strix. Still not sure exactly what I'm looking for. I wouldn't mind a small swedge near the tip, just cause I like clip points. :)

OAL. Thought I had said that in the first post, sorry. :eek: I love my BK14 but it's handle doesn't fit my hand quite as well as I want it to so I want something a bit longer.

CPM-3V FFG drop-point, maybe similar to this? (Gravelle FK5, he sells a FK7 with a 7in blade) It's my very favorite shape of a knife.

I like that. :thumbup: A bit big for what I'm wanting but I really like it.

a Magua in CPM154 would be sweet.
and who knows, Todd might have some stainless leftovers after Blade -- or he might not.....
get your order in now and you could have it by the time school starts back up! :D

a Magua in CPM154 would be sweet.
and who knows, Todd might have some stainless leftovers after Blade -- or he might not.....
get your order in now and you could have it by the time school starts back up! :D

I like Magua's. Anyone got a readily available pic of one beside a BK14 so I can get a feel for the size? :D

IMG_20141101_113804_834_zpsvlkeahvg.jpg

Closest I have... I'd be tempted by the Trailmate, if I were you. It sounds pretty close to the size you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back