Where the snark is the snark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
School today then have a potential buyer looking at our house. I also plan on buying some chicks to double the size of my flock.

Have a tornado warning here this morning.... And it's raining like crazy.

Good time to go muddin?

Couldn't hurt. Well, maybe.;)

Giving any thought to gator trapping down there? That's something I'd like to try.

Been to Florida once as kid, got heat stroke first day was there, puking and overall feeling fluish/sluggish making the rounds about Disney land and other touristy places lousy. Kennedy space center.

Seen many a reptiles around there though. Was pretty cool, seen these little lizards every other 20 minutes or so. Gators/snakes.

Gotta be a change up in scenery compared to PA huh?

I got a couple titanium pocket clip, bottle opener things too from a member on BF. He was at the last of his batch when I got mine and that was a while ago. They are handy to have around!

I think I remember seeing those, wish I had picked one up when I saw them.

quality home-hardenable steel is $17/4ft... Just sayin'. (plus shipping, which ain't nothin')

Which reminds me, GSOM - weren't you going to work on some 1084? Did you get some? I just received another 8', but you'd have to get down here to work on it!

I've got a little 52100 and a couple pieces of 1095, I think. Gonna try and get my shit together in the net few weeks....I need to find some Adderall - my shit is NEVER together.

Gonna get drenched walking the little one to daycare in a couple hours, where I work. :-/
Wife's got THE car. :-/
Eyeing some condor heavy machetes online (on the site named for vicious female warriors).
I'm thinking the warlock, or a parang, not sure... Branching out a bit from 1095. :-/

Also, just to keep the whole Jeep thing going, took this pic for you guys/gals today:

24920518830_951ed769a1_b.jpg

I'm assuming this is what dealer #1 offered WW in trade for his truck. Surprised he passed on it.

Gonna get drenched walking the little one to daycare in a couple hours, where I work. :-/
Wife's got THE car. :-/
Eyeing some condor heavy machetes online (on the site named for vicious female warriors).
I'm thinking the warlock, or a parang, not sure... Branching out a bit from 1095. :-/

At the risk of seriously pissing off your spouse, I'll just leave this here:

21183445950_92d5cbd5b9_b.jpg

.....and nice one, Tim! But I don't need roughage.....I need smoothage!

yes, yes you do

Spike has never steered me wrong before. I'll order it today!

I have a few, not the warlock or the similar ones but I have the bushcraft and eco parangs, the golok machete, and the mini duku. I have videos on my channel but they are kinda long and mixed in with other stuff. Get it from 42blades at baryonxkinfe.com and spring for the special grade. And check out the grade B section. Sometimes you can get something at a discount because it has a blem, then spring for the special grade and they'll sharpen out the blem.

Condor also has some cool stuff coming out for 2016.

I think I remember seeing those, wish I had picked one up when I saw them.

Pretty nice but seems like I only use them to open beers. I'll have them at the gathering. Remind me and I'll show ya.

I also plan on buying some chicks to double the size of my flock.
Got tired of breeding your own flock, now you're outsourcing? Jeez man!

Snow day today (power went out last night at the office so they closed it down) so I'm currently laying in bed watching the snark.

School today then have a potential buyer looking at our house. I also plan on buying some chicks to double the size of my flock.

Since this is now the chicken and agriculture thread...

My wife is the chicken farmer and I'm the "farm hand". Last year, she ordered 14 pullets (delivered one-day old). Two each Delaware, Dominique, Partridge Plymouth Rock, Rhode Island Red, Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, and Americauna. One of the Delawares turned out to be a rooster (the hatchery only guarantees 90% accuracy), and one Americauna died the next day. So, we decided to get a replacement Americauna since they lay the greenish-blue eggs and paid for two more to make it 3 young ones that were a couple weeks younger than the first batch. So we have 1 Deleware rooster and 15 hens of various breeds.

My wife hoped that at least one hen would go "broody" and hatch us some chicks, but that didn't happen. We're not willing (at this point) to incubate them, so she ordered 8 more chicks. This time around she decided on two each of Black Breasted Red Kraienkoppe, Silver Kraienkoppe, more Buff Orps, and more Americaunas. Supposedly the Kraienkoppes are a very broody breed and she's hoping that one of them will raise some chicks next spring. We'll see how it goes. And hoping none of the eight turn out to be roosters since that won't go over well with Delbert the Delaware.

And a trivia fact for those that weren't aware, Von Miller graduated from Texas A&M with a degree in Poultry Science (not poetry as one sports writer thought....the two terms are similar) and has a chicken farm near Dallas.

We now return to your regularly scheduled snark...

Pretty nice but seems like I only use them to open beers. I'll have them at the gathering. Remind me and I'll show ya.

Will do, I have a couple SAKs that I'd carry more if they had a way to stay upright in the pocket, the dangler clips would work great for that.

What a view from "the office". I'm admittedly quite jealous of you guys / gals that have quick access to the mountains.

[video=youtube;V-SwpDKkHko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-SwpDKkHko[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back