Where to buy Benchmade Axis Lock Spring???

Ask them to ship you a spring. Forget about shipping two packages or just parts of a knife... that’s crazy.

The pocket clip fell off my Bugout (partially my fault of course) and I explained I was in Canada when they told me to ship my knife for warranty work. They sent me a clip with screws for free. They understand the current CBSA mess and will work with you.

No I mean when I have a knife shipped to me into canada I have it shipped in two packages. The blade in one package and the handle in the other.

I was saying that shipping the whole knife to benchmade then asking for them to ship it back disassembled may not be a guarantee that the knife gets past customs.

Besides the fact that Benchmade doesn’t trust their customers to do repairs, there is a risk of running afoul of Canadian law when shipping “knife kits” in multiple packages.

Besides the fact that Benchmade doesn’t trust their customers to do repairs, there is a risk of running afoul of Canadian law when shipping “knife kits” in multiple packages.

Actually there is no law against importing these knives. The border service policy does not reflect any canadian law. Since the handle has no blade and the blade itself is essentially a similar to shipping a fixed blade I don’t really see how one could run foul of a non existing law.

I feel sorry for Canadian knife enthusiasts. I don’t know if border service has any ability to go after exporters they perceive to be skirting their “rules”. Even though a blade from a folder is similar to a fixed blade, no one will confuse the two. Shipping a folder blade might arouse suspicions that someone is pulling a fast one.
The border service is not on the same page as existing law. I drove to Canada once and unbuckeled my seat belt to retrieve my wallet. The guy at the booth reamed me a new one for being unbuckled. I might have been going 3 MPH. I almost turned around and went home. “Petty Bureaucrats” on a power trip.

GREAT NEWS!!! So I called into Benchmade today, and at first they were like no way were sending parts, but upon mentioning I was in Canada they said “oh sure yes of course no problem! If you’re in Canada then yeah that is the only way we can do it, is to send you the part.”

They gave me the email address for Benchmade international support, and I emailed them my part that I needed and my address. Hope things go smooth.

Very glad they are willing to ship the part and be accomadating to people outside the US that may have issues getting their knives in/out.

Thank you guys for all your help though very much appreciated!

And if anyone ever needed it, the Benchmade international email is:
international@benchmade.com

Unfortunately until the current thieving border pirates are told to settle down and leave our legally bought/paid for in canada goods alone, Benchmade's well known warranty is rather useless for us. However, as canadians we are a creative lot and usually work around the restrictions that are imposed on us.

Benchmade in my experience is pretty precious about their little parts. I was told that if I bought a spare blue spacer for my 710 that they would void my warranty. I said fine, void my warranty. They would not sell me the spacer.
Funny little company. Good thing I have a metal lathe and can make my own
G__ D____ spacers.

This post is amazing. Human ingenuity meets knife obsession. You've found a way to successfully shit on BM and enjoy their products despite of them. I drilled and tapped a deep carry clip on a BM Proper, with Flytanium scales, on a Bridgeport. It came out amazeballs, you'd never know its not factory. Theres nothing like taking perfection and making it better. I wiped my ass with there warranty as well brother.

Back