Where to buy Kydex & G10?

Hey all! :)

I'm looking for G10 & Kydex, do you know any good place online to place an order (good price & no problem service)?

thanks a lot,

Guillaume

All the major knifemaking supply places stock G10 and Kydex.
Texas Knifemaking, Knife and Gun Finishing, Kovas, Sheffield, Jantz, Knifekits.com etc, etc. Get Kydex in the 12x12inch sizes - its cheap and you get more use from it. It is also available in 0.60 and 0.90 (holster grade) as well as in different colours now from some of the above suppliers.

Masecraft (please do a web search - it'll work) has a range of unusual colours and sizes of G10. They don't have a website but their printed catalog, their prices and the stuff they stock is well worth the tiny bit o'extra trouble. Jason.

Originally posted by Guillaume
Hey all! :)

I'm looking for G10 & Kydex, do you know any good place online to place an order (good price & no problem service)?

thanks a lot,

Guillaume

You are in or near a large city, (your location is listed a Paris) Look up Plastics in the phone book. Both of the produts you mentioned are very common in industrial use and you should be able to find a local distributor. They will have prices s far below what the small knifemaking supply places have you will be astounded. You might even stop by one of the companies ad ask if they have any samples or scraps. (they might just give them to you) or sell them at vey small cost. They save left overs and cutoffs for customes who would have no need for full sheets of a particular material.

Another place to find suppliers is your local library. Here in the states there is a publication called "Thomas's Register. It is like an industrial phone book.(in reality it's like 30 phone books) I'm sure there is a similar industrial register in Europe. Look up plastics and you will find a wealth of sources most listing what they sell.

In addition to search by like category you can also look up by particular marterial.

Drew

Thanks a lot guys!

Ilovetoolsteel... i should change my location, i'm in Shanghai China now, and no G10/Kydex available here. It has to be imported.

Guillaume

I tried getting phenolic and G-10 handle materials from a local company here in Vermont called Vermont Plastics Specialty and what a bunch of knuckleheads! First off, the guy who runs the place asks me "What's Micarta? I never heard of it." I explain what it is and he says something like that must be a brand name and he carries some generic type. Okay, I ask for black linen, he says, "There's no such thing as black linen phenolic." Yeah, okay dude. I told him forget it, I'll order from Koval's like always. I called them 3 times about G-10 and they said, "Umm, I don't know if we have any of that, I'll have to check." That was months ago. It took several phone calls just to get someone to answer the phone.

I thought it would be easier to buy locally but I was wrong. It's much better to deal with people who know what they're doing.

Kovals is a good place to get g-10 at a decent price. Just call them and ask for Troy, he a good guy to deal with. Ive known these guys for a few years, very reputable (just down the road from me).

1-614-855-0777

Back