Where to buy precision ground CPM3V or CPM154?

Does anyone know where I can find precision ground CPM3V or CPM154 in either 1/16", 3/32", or 1/8"? I've looked seemingly everywhere, searched the forums, and emailed quite a few people and haven't been able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also be fine with a company that I could ship the steel to and have it ground. I called and emailed a few and got no responses last week.

Niagara specialty metals is where I buy it. There is a good thread on alloy banding in a2 in the shop talk forum where a member has been chasing down those metals.

The ground steel from Niagara is belt ground, probably on a "time saver" type machine, not precision ground. This may or may not matter to you.

Niagara specialty metals is where I buy it. There is a good thread on alloy banding in a2 in the shop talk forum where a member has been chasing down those metals.

Awesome! Thanks a ton for telling me about that thread. Not sure how I missed that one.

The ground steel from Niagara is belt ground, probably on a "time saver" type machine, not precision ground. This may or may not matter to you.

Actually, that does matter to me. Thank you for the heads up.

Jantz sells it PG

Thank you for the heads up. Not sure why I didn't check there.

Jantz sells CPM154 in precision ground, don't think they sell 3V though.

Apparently Alpha Knife Supplies can do surface grinding on their flat stock so it might be worth talking to them, also have a chat to Aldo at New Jersey Steel Baron.

Niagara can also do surface grinding of any steel you'd like, but their prices are high so they don't undercut their distributors, may not be affordable.

Jantz sells CPM154 in precision ground, don't think they sell 3V though.

Apparently Alpha Knife Supplies can do surface grinding on their flat stock so it might be worth talking to them, also have a chat to Aldo at New Jersey Steel Baron.

Niagara can also do surface grinding of any steel you'd like, but their prices are high so they don't undercut their distributors, may not be affordable.

I went through your thread this morning. I really appreciate you posting all the info you tracked down.

Back