• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Where to buy Spyderco, Las Vegas?

Hi. I am traveling to Las Vegas and out to Arizona this Monday. Cannot bring my own knives and I can't stand the thought of being knifeless for weeks. Need a place to buy a Spyderco Tenacious or Resilience. I have had minimal luck searching online for a good place to buy. Anyone know some good places that carry Spyderco in Vegas? I'd like to get it in the first or second day there so outside of Vegas is a bit far. Thanks.

Moved to Feedback (the place to discus where to buy), General Knife is to discuss the knives themselves. Stay away from knife shops on the strip, they are a tourist trap and you will end up paying full MSRP.

Bonds House of Cutlery
3540 W Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89102

Only blade store I'm aware of in town, besides the knockoffs they sell in our main swap meet. It's on the corner of Valley View and Sahara. It says Knives and More, I believe on its main sign. I was there about a month and a half ago. 99% sure they had a few Spyderco Tenacious knives. They do have Spydercos, I remember that they had a nice colorful collection of Benchmades right next to them. They have the main brands in there, some are reasonably priced, some are definitely more than they should be, all are going to be a little more $ than what you find online.

You can buy the knife online and have it shipped to the post office of your choice. It's called general delivery.

Thank you. I had a look at their web site and it did not look much of a prospect but I will probably check it out now.
Bonds House of Cutlery
3540 W Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89102

Only blade store I'm aware of in town, besides the knockoffs they sell in our main swap meet. It's on the corner of Valley View and Sahara. It says Knives and More, I believe on its main sign. I was there about a month and a half ago. 99% sure they had a few Spyderco Tenacious knives. They do have Spydercos, I remember that they had a nice colorful collection of Benchmades right next to them. They have the main brands in there, some are reasonably priced, some are definitely more than they should be, all are going to be a little more $ than what you find online.

Thank you. I had a look at their web site and it did not look much of a prospect but I will probably check it out now.
Bonds House of Cutlery
3540 W Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89102

No prob.. Yeah there is a pretty decent selection of folders in there. I don't think you'll be disappointed, except maybe with some of the prices :) Let me know if you get something, or your experience there. It's a little different and enclosed, but they have some cool knives for your viewing pleasure.

I love Bonds! But for browsing, because like sliced said most their prices are more than I can buy for online.
They have nearly the entire line of spyderco, Zt, cold steel, benchmade (including a small case of gold class) and randal, buck, crkt and on and on . The selection is MASSIVE. knives upon knives laying all over each other . Buckets of machetes. Literally thousands of knives. They also have an entire room to the side with hundreds of kitchen knives (including spyderco) my wife got a kai kitchen cheapy knife there last time. I left empty handed but unlike her what I wanted wasn't $15.
They have a wall of accessories.. Dozens of sharpeners and stones (including spyderco).
Bonds is fun, the staff is hit or miss. Last time there was a kid there who was fun to talk knives with except he had alot of miss info he liked correcting me with lol oh well.
Another place that has alot of spyderco is
mad man army surplus
Army & Navy Surplus Shop • Northwest Area
3300 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89130
(702) 222-9471
Again, higher than online price and more off the beaten path then Bonds.
Have fun in Las Vegas! Gamble lots! We like not having state income tax! Haha I know you're just passing through it sounds ... Let us know how you do with the spydy!

Thanks for the help. I'm from Canada so somehow I don't think I'll be too shocked at "high" prices. I'm used to being A$% Fu¢t. Here in Vancouver, Warriors and Wonders is an excellent store( good selection and decent pricing) but other than that, be ready to fork out. I will definitely go there.

Yeah, the staff is hit or miss. It can be a little strange sometimes, but last time I had someone more than willing to help me. Good to know of another store. I've been in another one near the strip, I got a great deal on a led flashlight for $5 2 years ago. Still works awesome. They had tons of gear, can't remember the name. You can look up some army surplus stores or zombie apocalypse stores. Strictly for blades, Bond's will blow them all out of the water.

I've been in Bonds Cutlery a couple times now. Vegas is relatively close to me and it's the only dedicated brick and mortar knife store I'm aware of in my area.

It's a cool place and yes most the prices are high. They have a ton of stuff. Not the most well organized, knives are stacked on top of each other in most the display cabinets. There are some items priced reasonably but it took me an hour to find the few knives I bought the first time in. 2nd time I didn't buy anything.

Lots of Spyderco. I don't really know the models but I'd be surprised if they don't have most the regular production models and probably lots of limited edition stuff.

The website sucks. I talked with the owner (woman named Lin I think) and she admitted they don't put any effort into it. I'd guess related to lack of technological ability. She claims to have the largest inventory in the western states. It is packed with knives so it might be true for all I know.

Owner and the couple employees I dealt with are friendly. I like browsing and talking with them but am wary of anyone trying to convince me to buy something I can find online for half what they are asking.

YMMV

You can buy from Walmart. Just to be certain, you can purchase it online, have it shipped free to a Walmart where you will be going, and pick it up. Simple.

So I made it to Vegas and Bonds ...and um, yeah. So conflicted. They did have a lot of very good knives even a Fluted Ti Millie. But the prices were absurdly high and the guy that worked there was a complete tool. I made some light remark about the relaxed laws in Nevada. He went off on a tirade and started giving ridiculous legal advice. For example. If I get stopped by the police in Henderson and they see I have a knife they will take it and say thank you for buying me a knife. If that happens, get yourself arrested. Yes he actually said that. "They they will have a lot of explaining to do to their boss". He said a lot of other off the wall stuff. My GF and I just stood there nodding. trying to get out. So I would say the place is a museum at best. Weird place. I did have a lot to do and just wanted my damn knife because I feel horrible and naked without on so I dropped $70 (!!!) on a Tenacious. After all that, it was not even they worst place I went. Mad Man Surplus was a trip too. The guy was also off his rocker for prices. He wanted well over $100 for the same knife. He got mad just from me polity questioning the price. He said its because he only carries American or Japanese he knows more than anybody about knives (while clearly demonstrating the opposite). He was a total jerk. Obviously he did not count on me actually knowing a thing or two. He blatantly lied about a few other things too. I just said thank you for your time and left. So Las Vegas is not the place for knife buying. Maybe Utah.

Back