Where to buy Vic US Combat Utility Knife?

Is it possible to buy the US Military version of the Soldier/Trekker knife anywhere?

Also, is it worth it?

Google Victorinox US GI Knife and you'll find sources and reviews for it.

Is it worth it? I bought the German Army version from a BF member on the Exchange here some years back and I love it. I have since pulled off the green Bundeswehr eagle-embossed scales and replaced them with traditional red ones, giving me a more friendly-looking knife for European travel and enabling me to carry toothpick and tweezers. You can read my review of the knife somewhere around here (I'll try to find it and link to it here at some point).

Here you go: https://bladeforums.com/threads/mini-review-victorinox-trekker-german-army-knife.1199045/

I guess I need to update my review with some pics of the new scales and my experience of replacing them.

And here's THAT link, by cracky! https://bladeforums.com/posts/18173863/

Is there something in particular you're searching for in this knife? Let us know and maybe we can steer you better. But I think it's a good multitool and will last a lifetime of tough use.

Zieg

Last edited:
Is ..the US Military version of the Soldier/Trekker knife ...worth it?
As in what one gets out of it as a working tool or as some form of foreseeable future collectable?
Considering that one has to pay more (nearly twice the current swiss issue) just for the added blacked out stainless shine and a "US" GI mark on the scales?
I dunno, perhaps if one is in a blind fit of SAK collector's fever???

Victorinox Swiss Army #53945 Soldier Knife is this basically the same knife as the US Combat Utility, but without the black blade? Also, does the liner lock work in the normal fashion or is it backwards to what we are used to?

Victorinox Swiss Army #53945 Soldier Knife is this basically the same knife as the US Combat Utility, but without the black blade? Also, does the liner lock work in the normal fashion or is it backwards to what we are used to?
Yes, it is reversed from a normal right-handed liner lock (see my review) but there are ways to deal with it (also see my review).

Again, it's a great piece of kit, as the Brits would say.

Zieg

Back