Where to find sheaths for your Fiddlebacks

Here are 2 EDC sheaths that I did two years ago. Top is for a Bark River Phoenix 1 and the bottom is for Fiddleback EDKarda. Love these knives!!

01_resize.jpg

02_resize.jpg

03_resize.jpg

Howdy folks. New Guy here. FF machete been handling my blackberries for a while and made surprisingly quick work of a little willow tree when I just couldn't climb back up the hill to fetch the chainsaw. Have been browsing the handmade product for a while and finally couldn't resist:

https://fiddlebackforge.com/collect...ddleback-forge-recluse-desert-ironwood-scandi

Now on to sheaths... A couple of the recommended artisans list the Kephart among the standard patterns they have on hand. Recluse is referred to as "Kephart family" but appears to have a longer handle length and OAL than the Kephart model? Will obviously discuss this with maker(s) but any particular suggestions for Recluse?

While this purchase is probably a conspicuous, dangling rig I am also curious about setups for consistent, reliable and rapid deployment. Finding, drawing and opening my folder is a very snappy, instinctive practice but I am not yet sufficiently coached or experienced where my drawing a fixed blade from my current setups would be beneficial for self defense. What are your favorite rigs for getting a fixed blade out of your dominant side front pocket consistently enough to take real estate away from a pistol or a folder?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Howdy folks. New Guy here. FF machete been handling my blackberries for a while and made surprisingly quick work of a little willow tree when I just couldn't climb back up the hill to fetch the chainsaw. Have been browsing the handmade product for a while and finally couldn't resist:

https://fiddlebackforge.com/collect...ddleback-forge-recluse-desert-ironwood-scandi

Now on to sheaths... A couple of the recommended artisans list the Kephart among the standard patterns they have on hand. Recluse is referred to as "Kephart family" but appears to have a longer handle length and OAL than the Kephart model? Will obviously discuss this with maker(s) but any particular suggestions for Recluse?

While this purchase is probably a conspicuous, dangling rig I am also curious about setups for consistent, reliable and rapid deployment. Finding, drawing and opening my folder is a very snappy, instinctive practice but I am not yet sufficiently coached or experienced where my drawing a fixed blade from my current setups would be beneficial for self defense. What are your favorite rigs for getting a fixed blade out of your dominant side front pocket consistently enough to take real estate away from a pistol or a folder?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Although not entirely for the same reasons you mentioned, I find that the nearly horizontal cross-draw sheaths (available from several different makers) are great for saving your real estate on the strong side. They don’t interfere or slow down deployment. Works well for me, especially with the blades that are too long for the pockets on my Lady jeans. Just my two cents.

My suggestion is to email the makers and explain what you’re looking for. Many of them will work with you to find a suitable sheath. They are familiar with the Fiddleback models and can steer you in the right direction.

Last edited:
l1A6mCe_d.jpg

Runt in JouFuu natural veg tan leather slip sheath. It’s very comfortable in the pocket and was quite reasonably priced. Also, I placed my order on Sunday and received it that Wednesday.

I like my small fixed blades horizontally between 11 & 1 on my belt. Here’s one I’ve made for my Sgian Dubh

Went with belt strap being ‘inside out’ to check my buddy’s theory that it should be sliding less

Where would you go to get a kydex sheath for a production Duke?

Where would you go to get a kydex sheath for a production Duke?
I know Rick Lowe has worked w/ Kydex in the past

7rattlesbushcraft is in this thread about 6 posts or so up
one of our Dealers as well

Back