Where's all the trough raiders?

VashHash

Gold Member
Where's all the trough raiders at? Don't see too many in the wild. I know I'm late to the party. Anyone strip one of these? I like the hammered silver finish but at the same time part of me wants to do a comp /satin finish or somewhere in between if there's not a lot of decarb to get out of the grooves and fuller.

Posted these before but here they are again. If anything let's see what you got.
ZOOx8zH.jpg

gGO8Twj.jpg

Where's all the trough raiders at? Don't see too many in the wild. I know I'm late to the party. Anyone strip one of these? I like the hammered silver finish but at the same time part of me wants to do a comp /satin finish or somewhere in between if there's not a lot of decarb to get out of the grooves and fuller.

Posted these before but here they are again. If anything let's see what you got.
ZOOx8zH.jpg

gGO8Twj.jpg

Great choices of a connoisseur!

Wonder how the hammered silver stands up to actually being hammered....well, hammered into ****, that is. I wouldn't actually take a hammer TO it.

Just wondering. Beautiful blade, both the nekkid and the hammered.

Whenever I've intended to strip I've got the silver because it seems to be the easiest to melt off and it contrasts to the carbonization well showing what spots need a little extra work - I did a black one once and it seemed to be attached a fuzz better. I have no proof, and it may be total garbage, but the silver really falls off with the stripper but I assume it's the same chemical makeup of polyester as the others, but still, it seems different-and the hammered look is really cool. I only have a couple with coating still on them, one is the TGSEA2M in green, I really dig that green.
With that, for relevance a little flashback~ My teaser with the 'Whinnie as I got the first one out of the shop - and someone busted me instantly LOL! Can't get nothing past this crew.

AlphaDog6.jpg troughraiderdalwhinnie.jpg troughraiderFM.jpg troughraiderFM2.jpg

Last edited:
Well as much as I'd like to tell you how it holds up. I couldn't help myself and I stripped it. It was definitely the most involved I've been in stripping a knife. I had to scrub off the coating with a steel brush and the wooden handle. Really fun getting in the grooves of the blade. Of course I took a few shots so I could remember it coated.

u9Tanzv.jpg

wiaCwUH.jpg

I split a few 2x4s with it after the stripping. I'll have to get pics of it tomorrow if I have time. I didn't really see any decarb underneath the coating. Almost looked like they blasted it once or something before they coated it. I hit it with a scotch Brite pad too and etched the logo a little the other day.

Slightly off topic, but to answer your question....

It’s not the highest quality photo, but the rucki has seen some use.

8M8rvSd.jpg

This kind of use.

jhXIev1.jpg

Doesn't look too bad with some use. Seems it held up pretty well.

One of my best bros just got this in a $500 grab bag. It's his first Busse! :)
@MythicalFountains
7v5MOri.jpg

I feel like a proud uncle!

That's a beauty of a breast right there. That's the color combo I would've preferred if I had built/ordered mine!
Got one in a grab bag as well, with midnight blue and black canvas - also a nice combo!
I really dig these new coatings with sort'a a metallic sheen to them. The blue and the green both!

That's a beauty of a breast right there. That's the color combo I would've preferred if I had built/ordered mine!
Got one in a grab bag as well, with midnight blue and black canvas - also a nice combo!
I really dig these new coatings with sort'a a metallic sheen to them. The blue and the green both!
Let’s see it!!
Desert Bronze also has that metallic sheen to it.

Back