Which Becker for the Zombie Apocalypse?

for the real hardcore zombie killers, a 13...:D

How about a Becker porcupine suit? A leather jacket, tubular aluminum for a frame,a quarter mile of duck tape, and your Beckers all attached edge and point out will turn you into a zombie shredding machine. Let's see them grab you when they are losing limbs to the diabolical machinations of knife knuts fueled by the power of Mr. Becker's creations.

one of those bk9 hog hunters definately. These hypothetical topics always make me want a bk9 with the shape/profile of the 7.

I dont have a 7 but its weight and blade profile seems like it would do well for this situation. Otherwise......the 2.

BK21 in my right hand, BK5 in my left. I think both would excel at zombie deanimation.

BK21. Need reach with zombies.
Non-BK blades can fill other niches, but the 21 is the most zombie-specific BK&T I can imagine.

RBK.

I still have my original Effingham that is so light and fast.....

Zombies driving cars would have a hard time dealing with this bad blade.

Moose

I actually had a pretty vivid dream about zombies last night. Just saying. Anyway........back on topic....

i would probably have to make a Y shaped adapter, and bolt beckers to THAT and make a trident/spear

maybe bolt a coulple BK77s along each side as a melee weapon, two BK10s up front, and mmm, the BK3 as the "tip", though with a bit more point.

stabbing, slicing, prying...

BK21s on the shoulders

proper machax on the hip :D

just one? are you mad?

oh, something like the KelTec KSG with 25+1 minishells. enough to pop a room full of the undead, with shoulder saving recoil ;)

and some bayonet mount adapters

and a shit ton of .22lr in a nalgene bottle, and several .22LR pistols and a rifle

and a .44 magnum set for zombie bears

I'm gonna go out on a limb and agree with everyone else. Not that I'm a joiner, really, but there's some pretty good groupthink logic here.

The 7... Light, stabby, beautiful spear attached to a rod... + a good rifle (obviously not here in Germany)

I was thinking about this for a while, and I think I found my answer.

BK4.

Why? Well, my first thought was, 'uh oh, if I stab a zombie head, the big end could get stuck inside!' But after a fair amount of consideration, I don't think I'd use my knife at all for fighting unless absolutely necessary. It would be a very vital survival tool, and I simply couldn't risk it, be it a bk2 or a bk5 (or 4). Plenty of appropriate sized trees around, I'd sharpen the end of a good stout stick and replace as necessary. But then I have reach, power, more crowd control, and I don't risk losing my vital knife.

Sure, I may lose my stick. It may break, or get grabbed. But it takes about 25 seconds to whip up another with the 4, so I think I'd be okay on that front. I reckon there isn't much a knife could fight, that a good sharpened whomping stick couldn't fight better :D

I think in the event of an zombie apocalypse what type knife I have I'd likely going to be the least of my worries...I think my goal would be to neutralize any zombie threat between 100-500yds. However I would also likely grab any and every sharp pointy object I come across for the event one gets closer.

I was contemplating this fundamental debate over in my head last night, and came to the verdict of a 7 as the main de-animator and a 15 as a backup. With a bigger blade (21, 20, 9) I run the risk of getting the blade stuck while hacking at a skull, so what I need is stabbiness at close range. Were I proficient at loping heads off, seems like a katana would be the go-to. Katana BK-50??

TBH,

I hate zombies.

Zombie elimination with edged objects after other technology isn't available? I don't think this a bushcraft issue.

Maybe the answer is a Ethan invention not yet made. The Becker field hatchet/axe. We just saw that fertile mind create the bk20. CQB with the undead isn't fun, need one hit standoff range. Just imagine a pound or two of differential heat treated carbon steel on a properly engineered lever that could also do some fine work past what a Granfors hunters axe could achieve. Oh yeah. One can dream, eh?

Ok, if the Becker "Badassaxe" isn't available, I'd choose the BK21. Preferably twin units on a 5 horsepower Briggs&Stratton weed wacker. On a pike. Is that asking too much?

Back