Which Becker for the Zombie Apocalypse?

Haha, can't argue with that Yeti!
I do agree with a pike or a spear type weapon.
I'd like a 5 or 7 for eye pokes to the brain and a 20 for head shots. Sure, I'd take a 21 as well but I think a 20 may be enough to get the job done while being a little faster in hand

Having played with 5's more since writing the article... I have to say its a hard choice for me now between the 5 and the 7.

I'd have one of these:

unnamed%2029_zpsfpdn7wof.jpg

The B i K e 100

Ethan made one of these right?

... after a fair amount of consideration, I don't think I'd use my knife at all for fighting unless absolutely necessary. It would be a very vital survival tool, and I simply couldn't risk it, be it a bk2 or a bk5 (or 4). Plenty of appropriate sized trees around, I'd sharpen the end of a good stout stick and replace as necessary. But then I have reach, power, more crowd control, and I don't risk losing my vital knife.

Sure, I may lose my stick. It may break, or get grabbed. But it takes about 25 seconds to whip up another with the 4, so I think I'd be okay on that front. I reckon there isn't much a knife could fight, that a good sharpened whomping stick couldn't fight better...

I'm down with this. If traditional zombie lore has taught us anything, the first rule is close = bad. I'd try to find or fabricate something long and pointy to stab and whomp with from a distance as well.

By the way. Other rule's I've observed from my advanced zombie studies are:
* No matter how in-shape or fast you are.... a shuffling and barely mobile zombie WILL catch you.
* Zombie mobs move faster than zombie individuals.
* Zombies have uncanny luck so you MUST Have a backup move. Your first strike will most likely be thwarted by something seemingly inconsequential. A misplaced 2x4 or a shelf or etc.
* Physically attractive people are more likely to be immune to the zombie virus.

Sorry, just some random musings on a slow Thursday. And feel free to add to the list.

ok, distance = good. Guess I'll duct tape a 5 to a stick, and distribute knives on the pack, hip and boots (20, 9, 7 & 15)

Knives definitely wouldn't be my first line of defense. Never implied otherwise :D

Try as we might though, there will inevitably be some that get in close...

As someone said earlier... these are serious things to consider, and definitely worth our time and attention!

of course, I'd rather have a bazooka, and a truck load of ammo and the respective firearms, but we're talking knives - backup or main weapon, your call.

BK5 for stabbing... and Becker cousin, Blackjack Reinhardt Combat Kukri for delimbing/beheading.

Last edited:
There's really only one way I'd be going into a knife battle against some undead foes: BK20 in my left, BK9 in my right.

Anything else is just wishful thinking.

20/4/7. 20 N' 4 in each hand. The 7 would be welded unto the front of a chastity belt, would provide ball protection and I could stab thrust ph♡{k my way through even the densest of undead hordes, even if lost my arms. Toes and teeth. Meat meat meat.

Stab, hack, slash, kill.
Stab, hack, slash, kill.
Stab, hack, slash, kill.
Stab, hack, slash, kill.

Back