Which Becker to buy???

I am trying to decide between a BK2 BK7 or BK9.....

Could everyone tell me which is their favorite and which one is most versatile?

Tough call, it depends on what your needs are and which knives you already have. Of those, I'd probably get the 9 first. My first 2 Beckers were the 9 and the 2 which I got at nearly the same time. I don't own a 7, and have no plans to get one anytime soon.

Of the three I would suggest the 9 as it covers more bases... It chops with the best of them and is still capable of doing smaller jobs. If you pair it up with a smaller blade such as the 16 you will not want for much. Granted you will still want to get them all.

You need to get a BK2 and a BK9. There is no such thing as getting just one. Each knife is designed for a task/ purpose. The right tool for the right job.

After getting your 2 and 9, you will then need to get a 24 and 16.

Your best bet is to assess your own personal needs for a knife. Then choose the one that bests fits. Then buy a BK9 because you can't not have a 9

I prefer the 10, it's my go to blade for anything and everything, same size as the 2 but alot lighter and more capable(IMO)

I can tell ya that I wouldn't get a 7. That's for sure. I have two and never use them.
The 9 however, is a no brainer. Awesome knife for sure!

The 2 is cool but like spikebot said, I prefer the 10 over the 2 most of the time.

TBL is also correct, you will need a 16 and I however prefer the 11 over the 14/24.

Now if you really want a great knife, get the 12. It's just pure sexy-ness! Ah..... I might have to take mine out and beat on it. haha :D

To be completely honest, you can't go wrong with any Becker, they are all awesome. But I would recommend to starting your collection off with 3 to 4 Beckers, One in each size range. Example: Get an 11, 14, or 24. Get one of the tweeners. And get one or maybe two of the large Becker's and you are set. Like the 10 and 9 or 2 and 4. Something like that.

Good luck and post pics when you get it!!

Seems like the majority are landing on the bk9.....just so I dont get screwed on pricing what are they going for right now?

Seems like the majority are landing on the bk9.....just so I dont get screwed on pricing what are they going for right now?

I'm sure you could find one in the $80ish range. The 9 IS a hell of a knife. Does most anything.

Your asking about big knives. Which tells me you want a chopper. That means a BK9. The BK7 really is better suited to personal defence. Mine is a 7" razor no joke. The BK2 is best for withstanding abuse. And makes a good campanion to the BK9. But the Bk10,16&17 are easier to use than the BK2.

But the Bk10,16&17 are easier to use than the BK2.

I don't see why they're any easier. They're lighter, for sure, but easier? I can feather stick a toothpick with my BK2. It's what you get used to, to me.

You wont regret getting a 9. One of my favorites! You should be able to pick one up for about $80ish.

Good luck!

The Kid

Is that on the forum classifieds or new somewhere?

I've seen one for $80, but they'll probably get you on shipping. We can't link non supporting sites.

Does anyone have multiple bk9's they wouldnt mind selling?

Why, do you wanna buy more than one? Sorry, couldn't resist, it was an easy shot, and I took it. :D

I don't see why they're any easier. They're lighter, for sure, but easier? I can feather stick a toothpick with my BK2. It's what you get used to, to me.

Yes the Bk2 is as usefull as a Bk10, Bk16 and a BK17. But i'm assuming that the op has never had a Becker. Or 1/4 in thick knife before. Making 10, 16 & 17 easier to adjust to and use for most newbies.

Back