Which Becker to buy???

Well, can't help you with the 3 you've suggested, but I will recommend the BK10 Crewman. It's a great blade, and will handle just about anything thrown at it. I have pretty much stopped carrying my 11" bladed Condor Dundee Bowie because the Crewman is much more comfortable to use and chops quite well for its size. And all that horsepower in a compact package.

odLgJTB.jpeg

Last edited:
Of the three you mentioned, I would definitely pick the 9. However, the 4 trumps the 9 every time. :D

Doc

Of the three you mentioned, I would definitely pick the 9. However, the 4 trumps the 9 every time. :D

Doc
agreed there. I love my 4. I actually have it lashed to my hiking bag since its probably the most versatile of all the blades I currently own and would trust it as my one tool option on any outing (however in the interest of full disclosure I also carry a Mora Bushcraft Black, my Bk11, Kershaw Scrambler, and TOPS BoB in the same bag as back ups).

I would say BK7 in this matter just to be different. I love my 2 and would like a 9 but if I only had the option of having one Becker or knife in general on my person I'd rather have the 7 just because I feel it'd be better for both being able to chop and still not be unwieldy for doing some finer tasks. But that is just my personal opinion out of the three blades mentioned.

Yes the Bk2 is as usefull as a Bk10, Bk16 and a BK17. But i'm assuming that the op has never had a Becker. Or 1/4 in thick knife before. Making 10, 16 & 17 easier to adjust to and use for most newbies.

Oh okay, sorry about that. I wasn't aware you had a 10, 16, and 17.

I like the 9 the best, even with its size you can still do some detail work with it.And of course its a chopping monster.

Doc

Funny. I disliked my 4 and sold it, keeping the 9. Different strokes.

The correct answer to this thread topic is "Yes." or "All of them."

If you're asking which one to buy first, which one calls to you the most?

I got the 2 and the 9 first. I've added a 7, 11 and 14. I love them all, but the 9 gets the most use: she's simply a delight to play with and one of my favourite knives.

Just to add: I haven't completed my Becker collection yet! Gotta have 'em all...

Haha, addicting, isn't it. I have the two 2's, 9, 11, 13, 14, and a necker proto. Will more than likely sell my 14, especially since I was gifted the custom 11, that fits my hand better. I'm sorta kinda maybe perhaps wanting to get a 10 again. And I'll be damned if I don't want another 4 too. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back