Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

Standard grip vs standard freek?
Do the freek’s rubber handle scales flex a lot more than a grip?
And what is up with the liners. They’re way shorter than the griptilian’s. Won’t that ever so slightly affect stability, sturdiness, or even the blade play?

RXNFuwA.jpg

HK 14205 today.

FELNEKY.jpg

Man those Snody designed HK's really are something else. I had one as my first Benchmade back in the day and it's still my favorite from the brand. I think sometimes they get overlooked because the HK line later became more of a budget line, but these are on par with the best IMO. The open/shut action sets a standard that I hold my modern BM's to and the ergonomics were perfect. Somehow that spearpoint eluded my attention (or perhaps just my failing memory ;)) but man that is a stunner :thumbsup:

It would appear you like orange!
Love that Omega!

Thanks! Yea I like to embrace bold color from time to time, and indeed orange is a favorite, particularly when incorporated into camo.

Great stuff! I have had such 8500 but eventually decided 2500 is better for me.
Do you mind sharing where did you find an orange thumbstud for CR?

Thanks brother!

The thumbstud is from the Grizzly Ridge, and I just got it straight from BM customer service. Such a small addition but it really ties the orange all together IMO and sets it off a bit. I've always wondered if the orange standoffs from that model would work instead of the backspacer as well but I've never looked further into it.

Funny thing, I also used to own the black 8500, but I found it to be too thick and parted with it. For some reason I like the size of the orange one on my wrist however, even though it's the same watch o_O. I think the ideal for me would be the 42mm 2500 for the black and this one for the orange. The 2500 is truly a charming watch in ways that somehow didn't quite translate into the newer additions IMO.

Back