Buck Which Buck knife do you recommend?

Knowing nothing of your cutting purposes or carry preferences.....

Folder - Marksman
Fixed - 105 Pathfinder

My first Buck was a 102 Woodsman, back around 1968. Also have a 110 (heavy) and a 425 miniBuck, which is almost lighter than air. I like 'em. I'd like a 119, but don't really need it - I got a 6.5" Puma 6396 Bowie with a stag handle back then.

My first Buck was a 102 Woodsman, back around 1968. Also have a 110 (heavy) and a 425 miniBuck, which is almost lighter than air. I like 'em. I'd like a 119, but don't really need it - I got a 6.5" Puma 6396 Bowie with a stag handle back then.

Go for it anyways.
I can get all my daily cutting needs done with a Victorinox classic just like my grandfather did, but that's not stopping me from having a 119 on my left hip as I type this.

Without knowing exactly what you're using one for, just a general recommendation is:

1. 301
2. 110
3. 119

If you can't get it done with those 3, you need a lightsaber...................

I might splurge, it's such a nice shape. But I have a big EK bowie I can hack and pry with if I need. The Buck is no doubt a better slicer, though not a match for my Ginzu kitchen knives. Bwa, ha, ha, ha.

Hey OP, where'd ya go ?
You ask such a vague broad question then split, what's up with that ?

Again I'm going to recommend you own a 119 special if you think you can handle it ;)

A friend gave me a Buck 119 Special for hunting about 24 years ago. I have used it for just about every hunt I have been on, and still use it. I have many other knives, but that's the one I usually take. I have a 112 also that is almost as old. I don't use it on game as I only use fixed blades for that, but it carries better than a 110 due to its smaller size. You can't go wrong.

For a beautiful, solid knife with classic looks, go for the 110. For a practical modern knife, go for the Vantage.

Take your pick, they have a knife for everything and they know their shit so pick one and it'll be good to you if you treat it right. Not to mention Buck will treat you right if you're unsatisfied.

If your an American who's interested in Buck or just knives in general you MUST own the 110 and the 119, they dont get more American and iconic than these two.

If you want something small and lightweight potentially to put on your keys, then look no further than the 425 miniBuck or 283 nano bantam.

Then there's the 482 bucklite max there which is currently unavailable because they're redesigning it for 2018.
It's an awesome lightweight one handed EDC that's not too big or too small for a modern folder.

Need an EDC folder, Buck's got you covered from their 300 series slipjoints all the way up to the 110 or modern folders such as the marksman among many others.

Need a hunting fixed blade they've got you covered, from their hartshook neck knife sized bird and trout all the way up to the 120 general and everything in between.

Need a fillet knife Buck's got you covered folding and fixed.

Need a modern fixed blade , Buck's got you covered from the Mesa up to the hoodlum.

Need a bushcrafters type knife, again Buck's got you covered.

If you want a multitool check eBay because Buck made them, need a Swiss army type knife we'll check eBay again because they contracted with Victorinox to introduce the Swiss Buck.
They've got everything anyone could ever need in a knife if you don't also love carbon steel and patina.

I recommend any Buck knife that catches your interest
I love that 110 folder!

I love that 110 folder!

You love it, then you should own one.
It was a childhood grail of mine, and nothing was the same until I had one.
The 110 is just one of those knives that if you're even remotely interested in one it's because you want one, once you realize you want one you will have to buy it.

Btw if you keep an eye out the 110 can be found for $30 or less at •••mart, though the most common price found anywhere is $38.

Without knowing exactly what you're using one for, just a general recommendation is:

1. 301
2. 110
3. 119

If you can't get it done with those 3, you need a lightsaber...................
I concur.
IJmPFCT.jpg

Back