Which discontinued Benchmade models would you like to see return to production???

I might consider selling one of my kids for an AFCK or a Rukus!
Shame on you Benchmade for making me sell my own children!

I'm new to Benchmade so I can only speculate on what I would like from their past.

What I'm wondering though is, from a manufacturing standpoint ... is it something that would even be plausible? I'm (very vaguely) familiar with cnc but making some of the old models would take more than just punching in some 1s and 0s...

So what would it take?

Probably not much.
Many manufacturing companies save their old tooling, fixturing, and programs.
Besides, with modern cad/cam software, you could have it modeled, toolpathed, and running in a very short time.

I would love to see the 770SBC1 with the carbon fiber scales return with adjustments so the clip doesn't tear up the scales. Great EDC that did not freak people out when I used it cause it looked so nice!

Probably not much.
Many manufacturing companies save their old tooling, fixturing, and programs.
Besides, with modern cad/cam software, you could have it modeled, toolpathed, and running in a very short time.

Make it happen, whatcha waitin on!

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

I just found my old Monarch (503 I think the model was). I'd like to see that come back, maybe beefed up a bit. It's got a great blade shape and ergonomics, but the handle construction leaves a little to be desired. Might be a little too old though. Tried typing 'monarch' into BM's site search and received no hits.

I might consider selling one of my kids for an AFCK or a Rukus!
Shame on you Benchmade for making me sell my own children!

Ric,

Thanks again for helping me with the whole pic posting thing. Your the best!

w24071_zps182817e1.jpg

Last edited:
Ric,

Wanted to thank you again for helping me with the whole pic posting thing. Your the best!
w24063_zpsf6216f96-1.jpg

Welcome sir!
Bah, yer killing me...
Which one do you want, Nick or Gus? You can't have both...one has to stay and clean up dog poo.

Welcome sir!
Bah, yer killing me...
Which one do you want, Nick or Gus? You can't have both...one has to stay and clean up dog poo.

LOL, My daughter actually just said I should have had a boy to so I would have someone to share my interest in knives with lol...At least she likes the Ruger 10/22 I got her for her birthday so we're halfway there lol.

Well, tell Gus he's welcome to visit, after he inherits all your knives.......

Last edited:
Benchmade's proven it can make a high quality mid-lockback knife in the Lone Wolf Landslide series. As a big fan of the older Ascent line, long discontinued yet remaining a hot seller, I would vote for a return to making simpler knives based on tried and true technology. Want an inexpensive alternative to appeal to the masses? Get a lockback in the lineup for $50, make it here in the USA, and watch it sell like hotcakes...!

Lockback... Maybe if it's made like a Katz. It'd be nice to see an actual slicer, come out doesn't matter what style lock.

Well, I just managed to track down a NIB 610 Rukus, so I would have to say the 630 Skirmish. I have never handled one, but everything about it seems very impressive.

Last edited:
The 610 Rukus is a monster, maybe beaten in blade length by the 741 Onslaught though; and the Skirmish models are the large 630 and smaller 635, FYI...and all of these are hard to find these days, but do show up on the 'Bay and other sites.

AFCK without a doubt. It is a knife that I sincerely would like to own, yet do not wish to pay ridiculous prices on the secondary market.

Back