Which hunting knife do you grab the most?

I have a few I like ... the old standby Buck Vanguard is a great design and it just works ... it was in my pack or truck last year mostly because I had some new knives to use ...

I used my Carothers EDC2 for alot of my hunting last season ... and it with the Carothers FK2 ... both are really good for alot of uses ... including hunting.

And I have a Carl Colson Pike County ... a beautiful and very capable hunting knife that saw alot of use last season too.

Fallkniven's 3G stands for VG5/SG2/VG5 with the SG2 being the core of the sanmai laminate. The powder steel R2 is made by Kobe Steel (Kobelco) and sold to Takefu who market it as SG2. Whatever R2 knife you have I am sure that it is a laminate.
My go to knife is the Fallkniven F1 in 3G.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, my R2 is definitely a laminate. I was speaking of the edge steel of course. It’s laser thin and an incredibly good performer.

I grab one of these depending on what's being dressed out.

6UyfetG.jpg

I have a few really nice hunting knives, but the one that is my go to is a Buck Harvest Waterfowler in green micarta. I like it so much that when they got discontinued, i bought two more. :D

What is the second one from the top?

It's a Big Chris hunter in S110V and wearing shadetree micarta don't remember what color he called it. It originally had wood, didn't like it. I sent it back for new handles.

It's a Big Chris hunter in S110V and wearing shadetree micarta don't remember what color he called it. It originally had wood, didn't like it. I sent it back for new handles.
Nice. His designs catch my eye a lot. The one below it also looks like one of his too, is it a Big Chris too?

Nice. His designs catch my eye a lot. The one below it also looks like one of his too, is it a Big Chris too?

The top knife is a Carothers Field knife, the rest are from Big Chris. The one wearing OD/green G10 is in 4V, the blue/black is in 10V, hunters/bushcraft and the bottom one wearing black micarta is a EDC in S110V

Lionsteel M4 gets that task. The only thing that could make that amazing knife absolutely perfect for me would be a tiny bit more texture on the scales.

Back