Which is the real Swiss army knife?

Which one is real?

• Total voters
I voted victorinox based on the ability to actually take edge and keep it. Wenger saks are like truck stop knives as far as edge holding, at least in my experience.

Lemme see now, German speaking Swiss Victorinox was first,
French Speaking Swiss Wenger was second,
and the latest Franco-German Swiss collaboration - the SWIZA;
Which incidentally is made in The canton of French speaking Jura,
is up against a now Victorinox-led Victorinox-Wenger Swiss knife team.
Figure the first real swiss knife can only happen
once the Italian speaking Swiss finally
Come up with red auto stiletto multitool swiss knives...

XyzPCCo.jpg

Who makes this? Is this a wenger symbol?

I voted for both. Without the name on it I could never really tell them apart.

"Will the real Swiss Army Knife please stand up?"

If you recognize the context of this fake quote, you probably are old enough to have carried a Swiss Army Knife to school without getting in trouble.

Zieg

And have teachers ask the students of they could borrow a knife fairly frequently.

LOL! Kitty Carlisle isn't going to help us with this one, Zieg.

We also had a rifle in the rack in the parking lot.

This too. Sometimes a shotgun as well if you had a two gun rack in the back window.

Humbug ! They are all 'Johnny come lately's ' when compared to the photo I've seen of a multi-bladed knife made in ancient Rome ! Maybe Herlock can doa test report on that one !

Now THAT predates me! Or at least puts me in suburbia, where a gun in the rack would have brought trouble. :eek:

Zieg

I kept a Remington 1100 in my dorm room during hunting season, but that was 1969.

I saw guns on racks in trucks parked at a high school in Meredith, NH, in 2000.

Getting ahold of one's first real Swiss Army Knife, of either brand, was such an exhilarating and joyful time for many a kid! Damn near a rite of passage. :D

Thanks Switzerland!

Victorinox. Cuz that's what MacGyver carried when I was a kid! I have almost all of them, and carry an alox pioneer daily.
I do have 3 Wenger watches though...

I saw guns on racks in trucks parked at a high school in Meredith, NH, in 2000.

Getting ahold of one's first real Swiss Army Knife, of either brand, was such an exhilarating and joyful time for many a kid! Damn near a rite of passage. :D

Damn... 2000? New Hampshire? Knock me over with a feather.

It's still a rite of passage, and not for just a kid, neither. I got a list of adults I'm still trying to convert. Rite of passage might involve me doing the buying. :(

Damn... 2000? New Hampshire? Knock me over with a feather.

It's still a rite of passage, and not for just a kid, neither. I got a list of adults I'm still trying to convert. Rite of passage might involve me doing the buying. :(

Ya those N'Hampshuh boys didn't mess around back then. Godspeed on your conversion mission. We all know the SAK is the "gateway knife." :D

Back