Which knaf for EDC?

Which would you pick to carry as an EDC?

• Grimsmo Rask

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Brown Knives LHC-X

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

on_the_edge

Gold Member
So a buddy and I have a little bet going as to which is the more desirable EDC between two knives. I thought what better way to settle it than to ask folks on the forum. I know it's subjective and the reasons for choosing one versus the other are likely all over the place. That's fine; just pick one. "Neither", "both", and "something else" aren't answers. Price is a non-consideration and you should pick with the intention of keeping the knife for a long time to come as your main EDC.

The contenders, new and minty:

Top: Grimsmo Rask (latest iteration), 3-1/8 oz. frame lock, RWL 34 steel, fluted titanium, on ceramic bearings and with a ceramic detent.

Bottom: Brown Knives LHC-X, 3-1/8 oz. frame lock, CPM-154 steel, anodized titanium with micarta inlays, with MRBS and a ceramic detent.

20210817_132147.jpg

Went with the bottom because of the screws. I like the torx pivot and it having only two

The Brown. I’ve just heard bad things about the Rask, maybe it was just earlier iterations, but I’ve never personally been a fan of Grimsmo anyways.

Pick the one YOU like best, and forget about what anyone else thinks. After all: it's not in their pockets...

Brown, just look at that nice consistant sweep of the edge.

The design also looks a lot better and cleaner.

Going off the specs they’re damn near the same other than the color. So for that reason, I’d choose the top one because its not bright blue like a baby bottle.

Micarta. But the Rask does look more hand filling. Neither really. ;)

I may have to learn a bit more about BOTH of them, and see if they'll show up on my radar...

The Rask IS more filling in hand, but that also translates into more filling in the pocket. Despite being the same weight, the LHC "feels" heavier, I think bc it has a smaller surface area.

I would have to pick the bottom one. Brown.
The problem is that I don’t like either one enough to make a purchase but, both offer features that I like.

I prefer Brown's work and style, but ultimately Grimsmo being Canadian gets the nod from me. With so few high end mkdern folder makers in Canada (at least that I know of) you gotta support local, right?

Back