Which one from these?

Which one from this list...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Climber as that’s what I’ve been carrying the most often last year and this month. Are you trying to get a 90 day challenge going ?

I had initially voted for Fieldmaster , but switched to Huntsman. I had forgotten which one had the corkscrew and had to look at some photos. I’d just toss in a little screw driver on the corkscrew and you’re set. I’d like to have a Phillips, but I don’t really care for them on the back spring, as I find them awkward to use. I know the can opener can double as a Phillips if you can get it to fit what you’re doing so I’m willing to make a sacrifice.

As Grateful Grateful asked, are you doing a challenge, or going on a trip where you’re only taking one with you?

I voted Climber as that’s what I’ve been carrying the most often last year and this month. Are you trying to get a 90 day challenge going ?
That could be fun...but also challenging.

After much thought, I cast my vote for the Deluxe Tinker.
But it's a tough choice for sure!

Last edited:
I have a 40+ year old Woodsman, which is the forerunner of the Huntsman, but does not have the toothpick or tweezers. It would be just about perfect if it had a Phillips screwdriver instead of a corkscrew (and if it had the T&T, also). And that would make it into a Fieldmaster, which was my vote.

Easy, Mountaineer. It's been on my EDC for last few years. Saw on SAK is great, however a metal file/saw can substitute it but not the other way around.

Wow! This is so hard...

I think I'm going change my vote to the Explorer.
I was missing that little screwdriver that fits inside the corkscrew.

Wow! This is so hard...

I think I'm going change my vote to the Explorer.
I was missing that little screwdriver that fits inside the corkscrew.
I have yet to try an Explorer, it’s on the short list.

I really do like the Fieldmaster.
But I hardly ever use the saw on any of my SAKs or my Leathermans.
It's just a tool that I really have to make up a reason to use.

I have yet to try an Explorer, it’s on the short list.
It's a great SAK...not too big, not too bulky, and a nice tool selection to boot.
I actually use the magnifier more often than I thought I would...mostly to read the tiny print on small food packages (I have diabetes and I'm always checking the labels on food).
I could take out my cell phone and take a picture and then zoom in, but it's just easier to use the Explorer.

I have an explorer, but it’s definitely a belt knife or something in the pack because of its size. At least for my preferences. I do like the magnifying glass, especially as I’ve gotten older and I have a habit of not always having reading glasses handy. I just wish they’d put it in a smaller package. If they’d use the multi-tool can/bottle/flat/Phillips on more models they could toss the magnifying glass in a Spartan, Recruit, Tinker, etc...and not really give up any capabilities.

I have an explorer, but it’s definitely a belt knife or something in the pack because of its size. At least for my preferences. I do like the magnifying glass, especially as I’ve gotten older and I have a habit of not always having reading glasses handy. I just wish they’d put it in a smaller package. If they’d use the multi-tool can/bottle/flat/Phillips on more models they could toss the magnifying glass in a Spartan, Recruit, Tinker, etc...and not really give up any capabilities.
Yeah, all of the SAKs in this poll are really best carried in a belt pouch.
That's how I carry mine.

I've packed an Explorer over two continents. For light rambling about, it's perfect. Looks like a tool and not a weapon and can open a bottle of wine to boot. The other tool selection is great for every day repair to minor field rigging.

Camper for me. Such a great solution, simple, effective, cheap, ubiquitous. The only thing that trumps it is the Farmer and even then, I wish the Farmer had a small blade.

None on that list is capable of ousting my Swiss Champ from my pocket for a day, let alone three months.

O.B.

None , if I had to choose I'd choose the recruit without even thinking about it.
All I need is a classic scout type format, I don't need that much stuff on my knife.
If I need more I'll pair of with a multitool.

Back