Which One Would You Get for EDC

• Total voters
I would go with the 212, its sturdy and has a nice handling. Its rather small so easy to carry

Last edited:
depends what you're going to cut everyday. if it's opening mail and opening boxes only, smaller blade works fine. so 212 if youre going to do more stuff and a longer blade may be needed..the 102, 117, 118, 105 might be a better choice. the 103 is an odd choice due to being only really useful as a skinner or slicer, unless you modify it like David Martin has done to one and making it a pointed knife. I picked the 105 from that bunch as I like the length and slimness of it. can do most household tasks and out door ones as well. carries smaller than it is.

I would choose the 117 with the 4.5 inch blade. The 212 with the 3.6 inch blade would be my second choice. They both have about the same size handle that for me is much better. I think it depends on your personal usage and preference just how much blade you want but I think handle size and grip is important especially on a fixed blade because it will likely be used in more demanding type work than a folder. But that’s just my reasoning.

You have a nice group of options from small to larger.
In my early 20's I carried a 102 and No one noticed. I have a 105. Great size for a lot of things , but too long for me to carry comfortably. I use it as my primary melon cutter.
Have you looked at the Vangard and the 101? They are in your size and price range and both nice to carry.

Being an urban dweller covert is more appropriate.... a folding knife for me.
I can't imagine any environment where a big knife would comfortable all day, every day so I would look at the smaller knives on your list.
Using your list and because I have a large hand I vote 212, fat handle with a shorter blade.
There are other choices not on you list that would appeal to me more such as the 113 or Gen5.
You have not given a context or intended use.

Last edited:
Just usually have a knife on me mostly for very occasional use when I’m out. Opening something, package from the store, the occasional this or that that needs cutting. Light duty. Used to carry a pocket folder of one type or another but one my pockets are full and two they occasionally slip out. My right front has my current carry gun and my left rear two spare mags. Left front has the keys, money, wallet, cwp etc.

I went to a belt clip liner lock but I don’t like either belt clips or liner locks. I don’t go out a lot I work from home so I am probably out of the house ten hours a week or less. Have a table full of knives the NRA sent me but they all look like made in China. Go figure

This is probably just an excuse to buy a few new knives and try carrying different ones

Just usually have a knife on me mostly for very occasional use when I’m out. Opening something, package from the store, the occasional this or that that needs cutting. Light duty. Used to carry a pocket folder of one type or another but one my pockets are full and two they occasionally slip out. My right front has my current carry gun and my left rear two spare mags. Left front has the keys, money, wallet, cwp etc.

I went to a belt clip liner lock but I don’t like either belt clips or liner locks. I don’t go out a lot I work from home so I am probably out of the house ten hours a week or less. Have a table full of knives the NRA sent me but they all look like made in China. Go figure

This is probably just an excuse to buy a few new knives and try carrying different ones
so more so urban/ suburb type use, yeah 212, 117 or 102 would be my pick from that bunch if no outside/longer blade stuff needed.

I dont like the factory 212 sheath though so it would be my last pick of the bunch.

Yup suburb but I did ask what you would pick so what I would use it for shouldn’t matter. What would each of you get for yourselves for general carrying if a fixed blade?

I went with the 102 because that’s what I actually carry. I have a custom sheath I carry it in that only has the last 2” or so of the handle exposed. Works great for what I need. Nobody ever even notices it except for the nice craftsmanship of the sheath.

I voted for all of them. I own them all and have carried them all as an EDC at one time or another. OP did allow multiple votes.

I voted for all of them. I own them all and have carried them all as an EDC at one time or another. OP did allow multiple votes.

of course who wants to be restricted to one knife
I bought the 105 beginning of the week and I thought low bid a barely used 102 on eBay and just won it. But I want the 212 and 117 next and will alternate carry the four to see what I like best

I bought the 105 beginning of the week and I thought low bid a barely used 102 on eBay and just won it. But I want the 212 and 117 next and will alternate carry the four to see what I like best
See, you really don't need us to enable you. You are doing a fine job...must have had practice on some other items!:):thumbsup:

My edc is either a vantage pro or a 830 marksman. The vantage is a liner lock so you probably won’t like it. The marksman is a lock back that is a different design and is very easy use. My fixed blade knives I use when out camping, fishing, hunting or field/ ranch work so mostly outdoors use and my most carried is the 117 and a 104 both 4.5 inch blade. Depending on what I’m planning to do that day.
I don’t have a 212 as I would rather my shorter blades under 4 inches be a folder. But for you it is probably more practical of your list in that environment .

See, you really don't need us to enable you. You are doing a fine job...must have had practice on some other items!:):thumbsup:

Enablers :) i need that

Yup I was going heavy into the silver and gold coins for a bit - that makes collecting knives seem almost frugal. Of course the recent run up in silver/gold spot price let me clear a little fun money that I am putting to use here

Back