Which One Would You Get for EDC

Which One Would You Get for EDC

• Total voters
Not on your list.
I agree with the 113 or Gen5 choice.
Small and capable.

If you are thinking 212 or 117, I wouldn't hesitate.
They are both disappearing exclusives...... with an unknown future.

The 5160 117 is the cool choice......:rolleyes:
And the flat grind 102 is great at cutting food.

edit;
as of now there's only one 117 left in phenolic

Last edited:
Let us know what you decide.
Zieg

I got a new 105 and gently used 102 (based on the pics) on eBay this week. The 105 was fromC&C so I found their website and will be getting the 212 & 117. I might get the 102 flat grind as well. I plan to alternate carrying them and will tell you in a year or so which one I like best

Just my opinion but I think everyone should have a 110 of some ilk; it is definitive Buckdom and a fine everyday companion. Once that is in place I would as quickly as possible get a 102, and then either a 118 or 105. Now I am in my stride so I would get a discontinued 121, my personal darling. And the sky is the limit after that.

I don't usually use a fixed blade but I truly love my D2 118. It's going in for a Spa next spring due to a unfortunate sharpening job by KathyJo's Dad..

don't sit too long as c&c,........theyre also on the big river site selling them......, isn't gonna get anymore any time soon. when they're gone they're gone.

You can buy from either.. Ama zing adds a couple of bucks more and most of it is free shipping. (My wife has Prime)
So compare prices .

what surprises me on the poll is how many like the 212 best. great little knife, but the factory sheath aint great the way it sits on the belt. I find it okay but highly prefer the 117 and 102 designed sheath to it.

what surprises me on the poll is how many like the 212 best. great little knife, but the factory sheath aint great the way it sits on the belt. I find it okay but highly prefer the 117 and 102 designed sheath to it.
Not necessarily that we like it best but it just seemed a better choice for every day carry, but of course it depends on where you're carrying it. I prefer the 117 as well.

One of my former hunting buddies (Vietnam Vet who moved to Texas a few years back) has a Buck 102 he purchased in the 1960’s - it has been his deer hunting knife ever since. He carried it in a unique way; on his belt with the flap sheath tucked down in his back pocket. I always thought that was a neat way to carry a short knife - been meaning to try it sometime but never have (the 102 is a bit small for my preference for a deer knife). OH

Last edited:
Back