Which one would you replace immediately if lost?

19-3ben

Gold Member
I was thinking about my knives, and while i love them all, there are some that would replaced sooner than others if lost.
For instance, if I lost my PM2, i would absolutely get another, but might not get it right away, in part due to cost, and in part because I have other knives that fill that niche so I wouldn't feel l like there was such a void. My Tenacious, or Manix 2, or even BM Grip could fill that slot pretty well for a bit till I replaced the PM2.

However, if I lost my Vic cadet alox, I'd have another one on order by day's end. It's the handiest and most carried knife I own. It offers the blade plus some other tools that see frequent use and still manages to be very slim and lightweight. I have no other knife that can fill that niche.

So which knife would you immediately replace over any of your others if lost?

Couple for me.

Buck 110 definitely.

Pre '84 Buck 501 provided I could find one.

Spyderco Military provided I had the funds at the time.

The two Bucks would definitely be most important, with the Military being third due to length of ownership and cost. I have a special love for my first 501 and my first 110, those I will keep forever. (As long as I don't lose them! :rolleyes:)

I don't plan on losing..ever.
Never say never right!
Rat Worx mini MRX and next my Protech TR5.

Reactions: BP_
Ya know... the question is "which one would you replace immediately?"

Walks off grumbling, "Buch of reprobates. Villainous degenerates, can't follow simple instructions... (incoherent mumbles...)"

Ok, fair enough. If I could only replace "one" then it would be the "one" box all three knives are stored in (and it's contents). :rolleyes::D:p

Doubling down on your "villainous degenerate" status, I see....

If I'm gonna be a low life, I'm gonna be the lowest one! :poop:;)

But seriously to answer per your guidelines, if I had to choose between the three it would more than likely be the 110. :cool:

I'd replace the victorinox rambler that I keep on my keychain...... but I'd probably replace it with a vic rally since the bottle opener is on the better side, so I don't know if that counts.

Hmm.. A lot of my knives are all around the same dimensions so I could fill the gap without too much difficulty, though if I lost my CruWear Manix I sure as hell would try to get another. Emphasis on "try".

Reactions: BP_
Spyderco Delica, Vic Compact, and Benchmade 940

But, I own multiples of each so would be hard to loose all of one model.

If talking of OHO Folders, the Pacific Salt
If talking traditional/other knives, my SAK Minichamp
If talking fixed blades, my Mora Companion

Spyderco Dragonfly 2 in ZDP-189. It's the knife that gets carried when I can't decide which knife to carry -- in other words it's my most carried knife.

I love my Vic recruit because it's such a great combination of utility in a compact package. I have also come to love my Vic tinker as well because it's only a little bit bigger and adds an awl plus Philips driver. Now Since I've always got my leatherman fuse on me and can live without the phillips on the Tinker I think I'd replace the recruit first.
I can walk to the local hardware store and replace either for 17$ and 20$ respectively so who knows how long it would take to replace either.
I've got other knives that mean more to me, but sentimental value cannot be purchased.
Luckily I only loose knives around the house so I'd give any lost knife a week or two to turn up.

My Trekozas, Manix 2 XL, 0560BW, 0620CF (Smoothest knife on washers), Benchmade 560 Freek.

Back