Which one would you replace immediately if lost?

I'd replace either one of my SAKs, Hiker or Helmsman, the moment I realized I lost one. I would also replace my RAT I & II same day. Also I've only had my Benchmade Grip, sheepsfoot, for a month or so but it hasn't left my side since I got it and I suspect this knife will be added to this list before too long.

I carry a spyderco hawk bill, CRK small sebenza, and large inkosi everyday, I already have a backup for the hawkbill because I liked it so much I wanted to be ready just in case, but if I lost the inkosi I'd be looking at the bank account and figuring out the soonest I could possibly replace it

I can't say Para2 'cos losing 9 of them is unlikely...

So I'm going with Manix 2 XL.
It's a favorite work knife and one day I got home and found it not in my pocket...nooooo!!!!... and I knew immediately that i would unhesitatingly replace it asap. I gave myself 24 hours to retrace my steps, and found it at my parents place the next day. "Is this yours dear?" asks my lovely old mum when I turned up. She got an extra hug.

Immediately, it's my Victorinox Compact. I would replace my Endura if I lost it too, but it'd take a little longer due to price.

Have to say that this is a really good thread concept with folks telling which knife they would replace immediately if lost. It goes beyond "favorite knife". It is the knife you depend on!

Although I have different knives and MT's that I like for one reason or another, to be perfectly honest, the one I wouldn't be without if I ever lost it is my LM Juice... That's why I now have 3.

The ones I like/use enough to consider what would happen if I lost, I bought at least another as a spare except for a couple. Between the two I don't have spares for only one could be immediately replaced and that's the Spyderco Native 5 G10. The other is the Sebenza 25, but due to price and availability I don't think I'd be replacing it right away.
Of course there's my purple Victorinox Classic SD on my keychain. While I do have another Classic SD (alox), I think I'll probably be ordering another like the one on my keychain soon after seeing this thread. :p

I could lose any knife and have another that would fill the same role. That being said, I would immediately try to replace any knife I lost because it would keep me up at night...

to be honest if all my knives disappeared there would be some I would want to replace soon ... but the only one that would eat at me would be the only one I couldn't replace ...
That's another way to view to replacement necessity. Frankly if all of my knives disappeared tomorrow, it would be the SAK that I carry all the time or one very similar. The one I carry has been discontinued, so it would just have to be similar. This SAK does more cutting than all of my other knives combined.

Probably a shigefusa gyuto (if I could find one) and Takamura R2 migaki.

For the rest, it would be a good excuse to try something new and/or different steel.

Frankly, I can't think of any I carry on a daily basis that I don't have backups for, not necessarily the same thing but can take over the same chores. The only reason I buy any knives these days is when something comes to my attention worth investigating. The last folder I bought was a RAT 1, almost solely because of Bladeforum chatter (nice knife, BTW, lives up to the enthusiasms), but I already own several knives that would be ahead in line if my EDC went missing.

Right now the 1 that would be replaced first is my BM Mini Reflex...my most carried edc blade.

Back