Which one would you replace immediately if lost?

If all of you are like me, you would not have to buy a new knife. You could fall back on a secondary knife. But, It just would not be the same.:)

I know exactly cause I lost my BM 531 2 weeks ago and would have a new one but no funds available right now. Man I miss it.

If I like a knife that much I immediately buy a backup. and then a backup for the backup

I know exactly cause I lost my BM 531 2 weeks ago and would have a new one but no funds available right now. Man I miss it.

I understand. The 531 is the bomb! One of the best knives that Benchmade puts out. If they would just make it in D2 with solid black scales....

Probably my Kizer Vanguard Gemini. It's not the most expensive knife in my collection but one of my favorites for some reason.

If I like a knife that much I immediately buy a backup. and then a backup for the backup

This. I would bust out a backup Benchmade 940 variant while I waited for my new standard satin blade 940 replacement to arrive.

I had to go back and reread the question.
The only knife, folder or fixed, I own who's niche couldn't be filled by another that I already own would be my Rapala filet knife. If lost (and it's not hard to lose a filet knife), I'd probably buy another just like it. Inexpensive and unbeatable performance for the price.

I have other nice knives but if I had to narrow it down to just two, it's the Benchmade 940 and 162. I would replace either of these right away if lost.

I have other nice knives but if I had to narrow it down to just two, it's the Benchmade 940 and 162. I would replace either of these right away if lost.

As much as I enjoy my 162, I'm not sure that I would run out and buy it again. I think I would try for a Survive! GSO or a Carothers Field Knife or EDC fixed blade.

I'm not in a position to replace any of the knives worth replacing. Just can't afford them as I'm on disability. God forbid I lose one. I scrounge and save for the occasional new one, but $200 is my absolute limit. Five of my folders are beyond that, some well beyond.

View attachment 737052
My trusty leatherman surge.
Been at my side everyday for 13 years (minus three weeks when it was at leatherman for repair).

Andy

I hadn't really thought about that ... I carry a Leatherman Wave nearly daily ... but also always carry a knife that does most my cutting chores ... but I would probably miss the Leather more for all the various uses than any one knife.

I hadn't really thought about that ... I carry a Leatherman Wave nearly daily ... but also always carry a knife that does most my cutting chores ... but I would probably miss the Leather more for all the various uses than any one knife.
Same here
I rotate my edc knives but the surge is always there.

As much as I enjoy my 162, I'm not sure that I would run out and buy it again. I think I would try for a Survive! GSO or a Carothers Field Knife or EDC fixed blade.

I will give those a look for sure. The 162 is my first "real" fixed blade, so I don't have a big sample size.

Back