Which one would you replace immediately if lost?

This makes me very sad :(
I’ve been to that faire and it was pretty corny but the food was good, the drink plenty and I was able to pick up a classic flint and steel along with some char to start a fire with. Also had a blast throwin’ axes. Do they still have the trials and the dunkings? The wenches wandering around with the big tankards of grog? Yea now that I think about it it was fun.

I did something similar except it might have been a custom Crawford folder and a SS Damascus gentleman ‘s folder from Masserin. They were in my wallet and I didn’t find out they were missing till 3 days later.

Somebody got real lucky that day. The knives were in my wallet with my licenses for driving, CCW permit and enough ID a blind man coulda returned the knives.

They coulda kept the cash and then returned the wallet and knives. I’m sure they didn’t even have any idea of what they found and unfortunately I couldn’t afford to go right out and replace them, still haven’t.

Yep, the hazards of carryin’ expensive pocket knives.

I just realized that I pretty much have at least two different flavors of all my favorites except the Slysz Bowie, which is unfortunately why I don't carry it anymore :(

Would you try to replace the hardest or easiest to replace first?

I might start lookin’ for the impossible first, knowing I could replace most of my modern folders relatively easily. Barring availability of funds I’d start with the one that would take me the longest to replace, the one that would be the hardest to find.

The easier ones like the ones still in production, the Sebenzas that were gifted are irreplaceable as far as sentimental value but the ones I traded for although expensive would be readily replaced so if could take my time doing it.

I guess another SK Blades Smoke Jumper Buck 110LT.
I already have backups for all the other knives I carry.

Funny as it took me a while to come up with a single knife I own that I would absolutely have to replace if lost.

Beyond my ESEE 6 fixed blade, I don’t think any. It’s cool to have lots of Spydercos, Benchmades, Steel Wills, ZT, Bucks, Case, etc., but none of them are irreplaceable or so much better than the others that they would have to be replaced.

I guess another SK Blades Smoke Jumper Buck 110LT.
I already have backups for all the other knives I carry.
I’m not usually into knives in this price range but I’m digging this one. The 154cm may push me over. Is it hard to clean? I’m thinking this would be a good hiking/picnic knife.

It would really suck, but I would absolutely replace my Sebenza or Inkosi if I were to lose one.

I’m not usually into knives in this price range but I’m digging this one. The 154cm may push me over. Is it hard to clean? I’m thinking this would be a good hiking/picnic knife.
Easy to clean. Just hose or wash it off.
The CPM-154 blade holds a great edge, too.
Mine has no blade play, open or closed.
I highly recommend it.

Seeing that I’ve been carrying my Spyderco Stretch for like 6 years I guess I’d have to find a new one!

The easiest (inexpensive) one for me to replace would be the Opinel No. 8. If I lost any of my expensive knives I would be jonesing for some time before I could replace them.

After Bladeshow in queue for customs on the airport (bags already checked in!) i discovered i forgot to bag my WE 602; it was still in my pocket. Since i got this one, i carried it the most of my edc knives. I was really very attached to the 602. So i had to hand it over to an officer checking me. So gone my beloved 602. I reallly was sick of this happening. Back home after 16 hours trip, the very first thing i did was ordering another one.

Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri - I'm getting sick just thinking about losing it...

Edit: Ok yes, I did run out to make sure I didn't lose it.

Last edited:
Back