Which Pocket?

I prefer front pocket carry, but often have a small handgun in that pocket. Then the PM2 goes to back pocket. Had blade open in back pocket yesterday. First time, but put a small hole in seat of brand new truck. What do you guys do?

Always right front pocket but I don't carry a pistol in the pocket. I prefer that in a holster on the belt, IWB or OWB.

I do the exact same thing - S&W 642 in front pocket and Spyderco Police or Tatanka in the back. I have never had my knife open in the back pocket. I carry tip down so that the blade is resting against the edge of the pocket.

I carry most modern folders in my right front pocket - tip up, always. The only exception is when I carry my Spyderco Military - that goes in my left rear pocket, tip down. Not sure WHY it goes there...but it works for grabbing it with my left hand (no, I'm not a lefty)

Xd 45 mod2/sig 938 iwb. A tuff, manix or district 9 in front right pocket. Sage 1 goes in back pocket or cell phone pocket on dickies shorts/ cargo pocket on cargo pants. Yea I carry to much crap..:)

That's why I carry my knives in my left front pocket. Even though I am right handed, it became natural to me after about a month or so of doing it every day. That was years ago.

Front right. I've tried back right, but have scratched the seat I sat in every time. My .380 goes in my back right and looks like my wallet. Is more comfortable than my wallet too. Bigger gun if I choose goes iwb. Basically, my knife took precedence because it is in and out more often and pulling that little gun out of the back pocket is just as easy if not easier than out of the front.

You carry a pistol in right pocket.

Swap the clip on your PM2 for left hand carry
and carry in your left pocket.

When I have something else in that pocket I usually switch to IWB for the knife or if I am wearing tru-spec 24x7 or Classic pants I put the knife into the extra knife pocket.

Phone goes in front right along with whatever knife I'm carrying that day. Wallet in left. If I'm going on a hike or I feel like doing a double carry the larger folder will go in my front right and the smaller will go in my back right.

I do the exact same thing - S&W 642 in front pocket and Spyderco Police or Tatanka in the back. I have never had my knife open in the back pocket. I carry tip down so that the blade is resting against the edge of the pocket.

And mine is tip up at the moment. Don't think going front to back pocket is going to work. Switch back to clip down, back pocket. Have ordered a shorter TI blurple clip from a forum member. Hoping the shorter clip is less likely to scratch things. But the clip has never been as bad as a blade tip sticking through a pocket.

Always right front, sometimes with my iphone5. If I ever had to upgrade to the bigger iphone this could be a problem.

One reason I love midlocks. There's always enough spring tension on their blade to allow zero chance of one accidentally opening in my pocket. As for the where, I always carry a Kiwi in my watch pocket and a larger folder, usually a Stretch, in my left rear pocket.

I mostly wear Tru-Spec 24-7 cargo pants. Front pockets are deep and wide enough to handle good sized autos and they easily accommodate a 442/642. Best of all, the pants have dedicated knife/flashlight pockets on both sides. Those pockets are kinda narrow though and some Spydercos don't fit. They also have some great big thigh cargo pockets with smaller external and three internal pockets. You need to tighten your belt when you load all these pockets down. As icing on the cake, they hardly ever seem wear out. I'm still wearing some that are nearly 10 years old. I hardly ever wear jean anymore since discovering these.

At the back of my right front cargo pocket with a velcro flap.
Positioned right where my hand is naturally, and the flap conceals almost all of the clip.
The flap does not get in the way of access whatsoever.

I carry left hand front ever since I started carrying a revolver in the right front. (10+ years) I don't like sitting on stuff, and it isn't secure in the back pockets. Good way to snag and bend clips, lose knives.

of course I currently have a broken arm so I carry a folder IWB on right side.

Many times when carrying the LCP or G42 right front pocket I'll carry a small spyder like the dragonfly or squeak in the coin pocket right above it and then I can do both on same side without either one interfering with each other

I mostly wear Tru-Spec 24-7 cargo pants. Front pockets are deep and wide enough to handle good sized autos and they easily accommodate a 442/642. Best of all, the pants have dedicated knife/flashlight pockets on both sides. Those pockets are kinda narrow though and some Spydercos don't fit. They also have some great big thigh cargo pockets with smaller external and three internal pockets. You need to tighten your belt when you load all these pockets down. As icing on the cake, they hardly ever seem wear out. I'm still wearing some that are nearly 10 years old. I hardly ever wear jean anymore since discovering these.

Which ones specifically, cotton, poly/cotton? I have one pair of cargos from Wmart. 100% cotton. Color fading fast. Am thinking I'm getting past jeans. Thanks.

I don't like sitting on stuff, and it isn't secure in the back pockets. Good way to snag and bend clips, lose knives.

I too have lost back pocket knives when the clip caught something and lifted the knife right out. Also tweaked a PM2 clip just yesterday in front pocket carry. Caught it on a door striker plate. I think some clips curl too far out from the handle at the end. Left side knife carry feels too weird. Need to add pockets it seems. And buy a new PM2 clip.

Back