Which SAK should I get?

Hi guys! I've got a gift card to (large river in South America).com and was thinking about getting a SAK. I have a couple SAKs but I don't have a classic red one. I really like the look of the red. I was thinking about the Deluxe Tinker because I would like to have pliers but I'm worried that it would be too thick for carrying in a pocket. Is it too thick? I can't think of a specific purpose that I'll be using it for, mainly just EDC. Which Victorinox would you guys suggest that I get?

Nothing like a new SAK... or new knife for that matter... the fieldmaster has served me well for about 20 years--no pliers or corkscrew, but nearly everything else you might need day to day. Should be fine in your pocket as well.

I prefer the Tinker or Super Tinker. The Deluxe Tinker is just a little too thick for pocket carry.

Super Tinker or Climber for in town (Climber replaces phillips tip w/ corkscrew, but you can use the 'screw to hold the mini screwdriver) 3 layers
Fieldmaster or Huntsman for the woods (Hunter replaces phillips tip w/ corkscrew, but you can use the 'screw to hold the mini screwdriver) 4 layers

The deluxe tinker is pretty hefty for pocket carry at least for me I keep mine in my backpack.

Back