Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Nice scales. Where did you get them?

Those are Wilkins Grips G10. Same guy who collaborated on the Spyderco Leafstorm, I believe, makes those aftermarket scales for Delicas and Griptillians.

They add more girth to the end of the handle.
20150125_120134_zpsjdlzvsvg.jpg

^^^This. Although I have no problems w/ the original FRN handles, I do like this grip profile so much more. (I think the shape is based off of the older Delica 3 handle)

Lo and behold the Chicago arrived this morning, posted on the 22nd of October but intercepted by our Customs so probably delayed by about 10 days. I shall be interested to see how it compares with the Squeak which is why i bought it, initial thoughts are obviously it is heavier and has no jimping, not an issue for me and the opening and closing is smoother because of the lack of half stop, so far in the short time i have had the Chicago i like its smoothness of operation, but i prefer the lighter weight of the Squeak so i guess it will come down to the blade steels the N690C on the Squeak is fine for my usage, the BD1 i am not familiar with but hey if Spyderco are putting it on their knives it must be OK right ? And of course let us not forget that because it is a locker the Chicago is illegal for me to carry in public where i live !!!
So side by side we have two knives that are the same but different. I look forward to comparing them as time passes.

2e9AgZbl.jpg

Back