Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

20170420_100903_zpsbgvlwahx.jpg

IMG_2198.JPG Carrying my very controversial Advocate today.
Know what??? It hasn't exploded and killed me yet!!
Excellent flipper, carries perfectly, locks up stupid TIGHT with one of the most awesome blade profiles I have used!!
Joe

How are you liking your Maxamet? I just got mine today super excited to put it to work!!
I'm seriously smitten. Pretty sure it's my sharpest Spyderco yet. My knives don't get a lot of wear and tear, but the timing was right for this one to get used for several rounds of cutting up heavy cardboard moving boxes and packing tape, and a couple of those annoying plastic clam shell packages. It's cut near effortlessly through everything I've thrown at it so far, plus it has no issue humbling itself and doing some food prep when the situation requires. :p

Note: No sign of patina yet even after slicing up fruits and veggies that would quickly discolor 1095.

Mine wasn't shaving sharp out of the box, and cutting up the heavy cardboard seemed to dull it a tiny bit more, although it wasn't dull by any means. It just wasn't push cutting newspaper as cleanly as it did fresh out of the box. A few swipes on brown Sharpmaker rods and now it's shaving sharp and will push cut tissue paper, which I almost don't believe myself except I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining the difference in sharpness.

Err, that's probably more detail than you needed. :oops: Short answer: I like it lots and look forward to hearing your thoughts. :)

Back