Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Very nice! I feel like the Stretch 2 G-10 is an under appreciated knife. I actually thought of doing a blade swap with the V-Toku as well. However, I started modifying the ZDP blade last night so it probably won't happen now, haha. Will post pics when done!
Sold my user ZDP stretch for not much money here several months ago. No idea why. Good knife with amazing steel.

Hap40 with a new MSH for my old Colt 1991
0RVLYYo.jpg

Between the discontinuation and the Black Friday deals I had to snag a backup! Started modifying my user last night!

Spyderco Stretch CF ZDP 189
View attachment 1037360

i have never owned or even handled a stretch or stretch 2. Would the vtoku2 stretch be a stretch or stretch2. Im thinking about selling my gb1 and getting one. they seem like they'd be similar.

i have never owned or even handled a stretch or stretch 2. Would the vtoku2 stretch be a stretch or stretch2. Im thinking about selling my gb1 and getting one. They seem like they'd be similar.
I believe the vtoku2 is the new pattern for a Stretch. When I first started in collecting Spydercos, I purchased the Stretch as this was Sal's favorite at the time his baby so to speak. In all I had 4 frn and two of the CF. What's really nice is its thin in the pocket, yet it will do the work you need to do. If I had a house fire and only time enough to grab one knife out of lets say over a hundred, this one would be my first pick. If you like the gb1 for its thicker grip then keep the gb otherwise the Stretch is a little more discreet and lighter weight.

I believe the vtoku2 is the new pattern for a Stretch. When I first started in collecting Spydercos, I purchased the Stretch as this was Sal's favorite at the time his baby so to speak. In all I had 4 frn and two of the CF. What's really nice is its thin in the pocket, yet it will do the work you need to do. If I had a house fire and only time enough to grab one knife out of lets say over a hundred, this one would be my first pick. If you like the gb1 for its thicker grip then keep the gb otherwise the Stretch is a little more discreet and lighter weight.
Sounds like you’re a fan.
:)
I really don’t need my folders to be heavy duty/over build/hard use. They live a pretty easy life. I really like my gb1. I doubt I’d actually sell it. Plus they’re such a bargain. One of the nicest knives around for what you pay. It is a little bit of a brick tho.
Just the perfect storm of curiosity about the steel and the model. Stretch2 in vtoku2 seems like a must have right now.
Do you prefer the stretch 1 or 2?

Sounds like you’re a fan.
I really don’t need my folders to be heavy duty/over build/hard use. They live a pretty easy life. I really like my gb1. I doubt I’d actually sell it. Plus they’re such a bargain. One of the nicest knives around for what you pay. It is a little bit of a brick tho.
Just the perfect storm of curiosity about the steel and the model. Stretch2 in vtoku2 seems like a must have right now.
Do you prefer the stretch 1 or 2?
I only have Stretch 1 models as I was happy with them, so I never changed up :D I believe the choil is a wee bit deeper on the 2 which is a nice addition.
I really like the frn Stretch for edc as it is molded nicely for the hand. I only carry the Carbon fiber for special occasions. :p

I only have Stretch 1 models as I was happy with them, so I never changed up :D I believe the choil is a wee bit deeper on the 2 which is a nice addition.
I really like the frn Stretch for edc as it is molded nicely for the hand. I only carry the Carbon fiber for special occasions. :p
Well thanks for the info.
I’m pretty sure I’ll try one.
Pretty sure I’ll keep my Bradley too.

Dude that looks awesome! I had a similar thought, make it into a Worker-esque blade. Killer man!

Thanks man! I'm really diggin' it so far! I did the same thing to my HAP40 model a while back and really liked it so I figured I'd try it on the Stretch 2. Next up is the deep carry clip, followed by a slight modification to the handle!

Back