Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

KffLN0U.jpg

Though I haven't posted in a while, I have been carrying Spydies, and checking out the forum & thread. One thing that has stood out to me is how much in common some of us have, aside from carrying, using, liking Spydercos.
In honor of my "brother" up north who I seem to have a pretty grate deal in common with... birds of a feather?
50481886802_8a01a72b3a_k.jpg

Sitting on the back of my Subaru Forester, are two Lion's Mane mushrooms I picked yesterday while out on one of my early morning woods runs/hikes, accompanied by one of my favorite Spydies - the Rex45 Milie... I actually found more of the Lion's Mane, but kept only three (one of which is HUGE), and one of which I've eaten already - and MAN! It was SO GOOD!
I've also found in the last few weeks: Chicken of the woods, and Oysters. No Hen yet, but I remain hopeful.
Hope everyone is having a Grate Day and Week,

u.w.

Though I haven't posted in a while, I have been carrying Spydies, and checking out the forum & thread. One thing that has stood out to me is how much in common some of us have, aside from carrying, using, liking Spydercos.
In honor of my "brother" up north who I seem to have a pretty grate deal in common with... birds of a feather?
50481886802_8a01a72b3a_k.jpg

Sitting on the back of my Subaru Forester, are two Lion's Mane mushrooms I picked yesterday while out on one of my early morning woods runs/hikes, accompanied by one of my favorite Spydies - the Rex45 Milie... I actually found more of the Lion's Mane, but kept only three (one of which is HUGE), and one of which I've eaten already - and MAN! It was SO GOOD!
I've also found in the last few weeks: Chicken of the woods, and Oysters. No Hen yet, but I remain hopeful.
Hope everyone is having a Grate Day and Week,

u.w.
Ha
That’s awesome. There’s only a few wild mushrooms that I can identify with enough confidence to eat. It’s hard to make a call out of a book. “It could be delicious or it could kill my whole family.”
So I figured I’d try cultivating my own.
I looked for some chicken of the woods spores but had no luck.
I’ll let you know in 6 months to 2 years how it turns out.

Love that rex45 milli too

I also have a forester.
Lol
04 Xt

Ha
That’s awesome. There’s only a few wild mushrooms that I can identify with enough confidence to eat. It’s hard to make a call out of a book. “It could be delicious or it could kill my whole family.”
So I figured I’d try cultivating my own.
I looked for some chicken of the woods spores but had no luck.
I’ll let you know in 6 months to 2 years how it turns out.

Love that rex45 milli too

I also have a forester.
Lol
04 Xt

Indeed my friend.

My forester is a bit newer, but it has served me very well over the years for the various things I have done, from hiking the AT, LT, and various other trails, the various road trips, and I've had deer and turkeys in the back of it too, lol. Been on some interesting "goat paths" in the far away mountains with it many a time, sometimes in snow, on ice... good to go. All while getting 30mpg (48-49 km per 3.87 liters) give or take.
Foraging wild mushrooms, for me, is Definitely one of those things I do with A Lot of caution.
Get it wrong and you just might pay with your life - as you clearly know. I too, only know "a few" well enough to pick, bring home, and maybe eat. My short list is: Morels, Hen of the Woods, Chicken of the Woods, Oysters, Lion's Mane, Wood Ear, Giant Puffball, and some Chanterelles. That said, if I see one and I don't know if is poisonous or not, I will start trying to identify and figure out what it is.
I spend a decent amount of time in the woods, which I love, and wild foraging is part of that, and mushrooms - more and more, are a part of that... cautiously, very cautiously.
I found, identified, and ate what I swear were some oysters last winter and... what an interesting three days it was, lol. My hearing got WAY better, my vision... I could see into the depth and fibers of paper and the ink on it, among other cool and interesting things, lol. Not what I was expecting from what I thought were foraged wild Oyster mushrooms, lol.

I saw some new, fresh Chicken of the Woods this past Tuesday morning when I was on my trail run/hike. If you want, and if it's still there, I can cut some off, bag it with some wet paper towels or paper or oats maybe, or some of the dead wood it's growing on, and drop it in the mail for ya. Or just it in a bag? I have no idea if it would work or not, but might be a way to get Chicken of the Woods spores, maybe mycelium, to ya?

Looks like you had a Grate Day today, which is good to see, and always a good thing!

u.w.

Indeed my friend.

My forester is a bit newer, but it has served me very well over the years for the various things I have done, from hiking the AT, LT, and various other trails, the various road trips, and I've had deer and turkeys in the back of it too, lol. Been on some interesting "goat paths" in the far away mountains with it many a time, sometimes in snow, on ice... good to go. All while getting 30mpg (48-49 km per 3.87 liters) give or take.
Foraging wild mushrooms, for me, is Definitely one of those things I do with A Lot of caution.
Get it wrong and you just might pay with your life - as you clearly know. I too, only know "a few" well enough to pick, bring home, and maybe eat. My short list is: Morels, Hen of the Woods, Chicken of the Woods, Oysters, Lion's Mane, Wood Ear, Giant Puffball, and some Chanterelles. That said, if I see one and I don't know if is poisonous or not, I will start trying to identify and figure out what it is.
I spend a decent amount of time in the woods, which I love, and wild foraging is part of that, and mushrooms - more and more, are a part of that... cautiously, very cautiously.
I found, identified, and ate what I swear were some oysters last winter and... what an interesting three days it was, lol. My hearing got WAY better, my vision... I could see into the depth and fibers of paper and the ink on it, among other cool and interesting things, lol. Not what I was expecting from what I thought were foraged wild Oyster mushrooms, lol.

I saw some new, fresh Chicken of the Woods this past Tuesday morning when I was on my trail run/hike. If you want, and if it's still there, I can cut some off, bag it with some wet paper towels or paper or oats maybe, or some of the dead wood it's growing on, and drop it in the mail for ya. Or just it in a bag? I have no idea if it would work or not, but might be a way to get Chicken of the Woods spores, maybe mycelium, to ya?

Looks like you had a Grate Day today, which is good to see, and always a good thing!

u.w.

Nevermind the chicken of the woods, send some of those hallucinagetic oysters.
Hah
I think there is a way to capture spores off live mushrooms but I don’t know how to do it.
I appreciate the offer, but I live in Canada.
Some random mushrooms coming across the border might set off some red flags. ;)

Back