Which WE in the pocket today?

This one for me again.

2efiy4m.jpg

I have the black CIVIVI praxis on me today and been carrying the green baklash as of lately from the WE budget line. I'm pretty impressed for the price point. Initially the blade steel was a turn off and had kept me from trying them but after reading and watching some reviews and cut tests I pulled the trigger and am pretty happy so far with them. Great fit, finish, action, perfect grinds, everything chamfered, nice satin finish w a good polish on the blade, and they come in a nice fleece lined pouch with a large polishing cloth both with their logos which was a nice surprise. I love how the blades are void of any billboarding or logos which makes it look very clean. Only had the baklash a week or so but liked it enough to buy the praxis too but only had that one since yesterday. initial impressions are pretty good. I mainly edc my knives so I don't really need super steel daily although if they offered a steel upgrade I'd probably buy them too but I suppose that's what the actual WE line provides. I guess I need to make a Photo bucket account or something so I can post pics on this site. Btw Any suggestions on a photo host to use? Been a while since I had to use one to post pics.

Glad you like them Edgeoflife Edgeoflife . You can upload pics here. Chose "upload a file". After uploading you can insert them in your posting.
Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson Glad you pulled tht trigger to find out you now have another great knife in your collection. Nice pic!

Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson Glad you pulled tht trigger to find out you now have another great knife in your collection. Nice pic!

Thanks Henk. I was very pleasantly surprised with this one. The thumbstuds are every bit as comfortable to use as any other thumbstud knife. I’m glad I pulled the trigger on this one too, it is definitely going to get used. I really like the fine milling texture on the titanium handles. Nice touch!

View attachment 1058833
I have the black CIVIVI praxis on me today and been carrying the green baklash as of lately from the WE budget line. I'm pretty impressed for the price point. Initially the blade steel was a turn off and had kept me from trying them but after reading and watching some reviews and cut tests I pulled the trigger and am pretty happy so far with them. Great fit, finish, action, perfect grinds, everything chamfered, nice satin finish w a good polish on the blade, and they come in a nice fleece lined pouch with a large polishing cloth both with their logos which was a nice surprise. I love how the blades are void of any billboarding or logos which makes it look very clean. Only had the baklash a week or so but liked it enough to buy the praxis too but only had that one since yesterday. initial impressions are pretty good. I mainly edc my knives so I don't really need super steel daily although if they offered a steel upgrade I'd probably buy them too but I suppose that's what the actual WE line provides. I guess I need to make a Photo bucket account or something so I can post pics on this site. Btw Any suggestions on a photo host to use? Been a while since I had to use one to post pics.

Pics

To me, the Eschaton feels great in the hand. Your fingers sinks deep into the front of frame, and simply locks your grip into place. I know with all the angles and cutouts, it just looks counter intuitive to both form and function. But just the opposite. If it had a little more traditional blade shape, it would be the total package. So, then comes the Arrakis....

The handle on the Eschaton is very comfortable and fits my hand like a glove. If you wanted to hold the knife with the edge facing up, then the fit would not be so good. The handle is thick and strong. The Carbon fiber tailpiece is machined from a single piece of material.
You should fondle one if you get a chance.

The handle on the Eschaton is very comfortable and fits my hand like a glove. If you wanted to hold the knife with the edge facing up, then the fit would not be so good. The handle is thick and strong. The Carbon fiber tailpiece is machined from a single piece of material.
You should fondle one if you get a chance.
I should know better than to post in the middle of the night. I got the materials turned around. The tail of the handle is one piece of Titanium. The front of the handle consists of two pieces of Carbon fiber. It is all very light and very strong. Sorry for the confusion.

Made by WE Knives. Every Day Carry since getting it.

GL6qavO.jpg

Massdrop Laconico Keen

I picked up one of these in bronze stonewash recently and wow the action is amazing and very fall shutty! Probably the smoothest folder I own. the lockbar is easily disengaged also compared to some ti framelocks that can be stiff and give a sore thumb quickly. The stonewash and Fit and finish is great as well as the size. Only small gripe i have is its a little handle heavy with the big ti Backspacer. Im considering grinding it down some to help with that but its not that big a deal really. I have 3 Massdrop/WE collabs so far (keen, gent, crux) and this one is The best WE collab so far imo. I also have a couple Civivis so WE is definitely high quality on all their knives regardless of price point. i Highly recommend WE knives and the Keen!

Last edited:
Back