Which Wicked Edge

I'm going to be getting a Wicked Edge in about a month and I want to know if it's really worth the extra $$$ for the WE130 instead of the WE120

I dunno if this link will work right, but I pulled up a compare between the two . look like the gen 3 pr pivot and longer rods is mostly it.What surprised me is 1) neither one is rated for 1/4 or thinker blades, which rules out alot of bushcrafter blades , unless you buy more stuff
2) neither one come with anything over 600 grit unless you buy more! granted they are supposed to be diamond stones but still...their stones are dammed expensive..
https://wickededgeusa.com/pages/compare-page
I have a Hapstone M2 which I love but your looking at clamped systems and even the K1 and R1 would be but loads cheaper and leave room for all the super great stones. (uses edge pro style stones)
I dunno, I guess if it was me, I'd end up with the we130 for the longer rods and better pivot. Kinda depends on what type of knives your sharpening too.

I have never used the 120 but i have a pro pack 2 that uses the 130 and it is amazing. I have the larger jaws as an addition and it was well worth the extra cost

I'm going to be getting a Wicked Edge in about a month and I want to know if it's really worth the extra $$$ for the WE130 instead of the WE120

The main difference is in the clamping system, which is much improved. To quote W.E....

Wicked Edge said:
The Generation 3 Cam-Lock Vise with Tension Adjustment features the newest clamping technology from Wicked Edge. The jaws are free-floating and self-centering which make them ideal for clamping fully-flat-ground blades. This vise features a split jaw design which allows them to flex enough to grip distally-tapered blades. The tension adjustment allows you to add clamping tension for thinner knives.

There are a few other upgrades/differences, but the clamping setup is a huge improvement over the original model, and "worth it" IMO. (Keep in mind it's an even bigger cost, should you decide to upgrade later).

^ this. From someone who has bought a WE100P which came with extras really making it a WE120P and then added even some more. I am still missing the better clamping and vice system.

Back