Which would you buy?

So at the end of this month I'll have about $350 To spend on a knife or knives.

There are 3 knives that I've really been wanting for a while; the benchmade 940, mini griptilian 555-1, And CRK small sebenza.

So with that $350 i could buy either the 940 And the 555-1 together, which would total to about $350. Or I could just buy the small sebenza for $350.

I'm just curious what you guys would do if you were me? Keep in mind that I don't usually have $350 To spend on knives so It wouldn't be likely that I'll have this amount again anytime soon to spend on knives.

Personally, I would go with the Sebenza. This is just my opinion, I’m not a huge fan of the 940, and the mini grip is the least costly of the bunch, so it would be easier to save up for.

You should be able to pick up a used small Sebenza on the CRK for sell forum for less than what they sell for new. If you don't like it, you can recoup the money since it was bought second hand. I'm familiar with the Customer Service with both brands and can say without getting into details, I'll go with CRK all day long.

The real question is, do you want two knives or one ?

If you have the means, get a sebenza. As previously stated, the others are much easier pills to swallow should you choose to purchase them later.

I think you should go with your gut..

Have you checked them all out in hand?

I held a 940 once, and I own and like the minigrip, but I've never held a sebenza. I can't seem to find a store that sells them unfortunately. Seems i can only get one online.

Quality over quantity.

CRK could be the last knife you’ll ever need. It’s a tool for a lifetime. You could easily score a 21 for $350, off the exchange.

Honestly I’d take a CRK. I carry one more often than anything else, and that wouldn’t change even if I only had one. That being said, I think it is a good idea to work you way up so you can appreciate it more. Having a BM is great because warranty repairs are usually cheaper. I’d probably buy on BM if you don’t have one, then get the Sebenza. You’ll probably have a hard time enjoying “lesser” knives if you jump straight to the Sebenza, but I have no clue what your currently collection looks like so YMMV

I would try out a Sebenza first. Many love them, but I have owned a few and felt underwhelmed each time, and subsequently sold them. They are phenomenal, high quality knives, but like any knife, not perfect for everyone.

Honestly I’d take a CRK. I carry one more often than anything else, and that wouldn’t change even if I only had one. That being said, I think it is a good idea to work you way up so you can appreciate it more. Having a BM is great because warranty repairs are usually cheaper. I’d probably buy on BM if you don’t have one, then get the Sebenza. You’ll probably have a hard time enjoying “lesser” knives if you jump straight to the Sebenza, but I have no clue what your currently collection looks like so YMMV

I literally had that same thought today, that I may never enjoy a less expensive knife by jumping right to a CRK. The most expensive knife i own is a mini grip

Sebbies are great; I carry a "large" every day. Before you buy something...check your hand size. The closed length of the mini-grip is 3.87"; the small Seb is 3.94". However, the 940 is 4.47"...a full 1/2" longer.
I cannot handle a small Seb; it falls out of my hand when I push it forward in my palm in order to push on the lockbar release bar.
And...if it comes down to the Benchmade...consider the 940-1. It's $285, but it comes in CPM-S90V at a high hardness, one of the finest available blade-steels anywhere.
As far as the previous posts that say to buy a Seb as you can sell it quickly for about the same money... if you buy and resell in on the Exchange? ... Yes, they are right.
I would say before you decide...check out how long a grip-size are you happy with.
good luck.
don

I have a large sebenza 21 a Benchmade 940 green handle, and a 551 mini grip.. Buy the Sebenza you wont be disappointed!

Back