Whiskey flasks?

I have several flasks. My favorite, is one I had made up custom. Glass may not be as durable, but it will keep your spirits in fine shape:

I thought these from Ragproper (https://ragproper.com/) which started on Kickstarter looked good.

I backed these on Kickstarter. They are a great flask that doesn’t leak. And if bringing your own beverage to sporting event/concert to save on the high prices they have a extra plastic lid so it will pass threw medal detector.

I'm not looking to "smuggle" booze into an arena or a concert hall. I just don't want to travel with 2 or 3 750ml bottles of booze and lug them back and forth to a hotel room (I'm not much of a 'bar fly'). After a long drive, a bit of bourbon and a hot shower or hot tub is awesome for a sore back!

I really like the look of that ragproper flask! It's a shame their international shipping is so ridiculous.

I really like the look of that ragproper flask! It's a shame their international shipping is so ridiculous.

International shipments right now are expensive everywhere. In addition to normal holiday traffic issues, we have COVID shutdowns, and panic buying binges.

My Japanese knife had to go DHL Express at great expense when normally it would go Japanese postal EMS for basically what we pay locally for Priority mail. Now add the fact it has glass and the packing that is required with harsh holiday shipping and it becomes even more expensive.

At least my soft gear from Lamnia in Finland is good for a rough ride with rough handling via the pony express. Normal 2 or 3-day service is pushing 2 weeks right now but, it cleared New York customs yesterday. :)

Surprised no one has mentioned the Dalvey hip flasks.

made in Scotland in various trims, they are very classy and slim.

I love mine and carry it on trips in my coat pocket.

International shipments right now are expensive everywhere. In addition to normal holiday traffic issues, we have COVID shutdowns, and panic buying binges.

My Japanese knife had to go DHL Express at great expense when normally it would go Japanese postal EMS for basically what we pay locally for Priority mail. Now add the fact it has glass and the packing that is required with harsh holiday shipping and it becomes even more expensive.

At least my soft gear from Lamnia in Finland is good for a rough ride with rough handling via the pony express. Normal 2 or 3-day service is pushing 2 weeks right now but, it cleared New York customs yesterday. :)
I'm getting $9-12 international shipping from amazon US at the moment. Jeff is making good money from me of late. :D I'll order it to my dad, he lives in NY these days. I'll get it eventually.

Surprised no one has mentioned the Dalvey hip flasks.

made in Scotland in various trims, they are very classy and slim.

I love mine and carry it on trips in my coat pocket.

Those look mighty nice!

I’ve been contemplating a flask forever, and just never got around to it. But for the past few years I’ve just been using a bottle that originally had maple syrup in it. Holds 8.5 oz, so it’s enough for weekend if it’s just me, or a few drinks around the fire in the evening with friends, and the glass is nice and thick, so it’s pretty durable. It’s not thin and wide like an actual flask, but it fits well inside a breast pocket or my pack. I actually keep a few similar bottles in the camper of various spirits for guests, and just label them with a sharpie and blue painters tape - much more compact than keeping a stocked bar of full size bottles (though there is always a full fifth of bourbon in there :D).

TWopvIZ.jpg

If I ever make it back to the NorthEast, that is something I will consider. Until then, next time I go to the big city I plan on hitting a big liquor store with a nice selection of non-price gouged options. A couple or three nice 375ML glass bottle options seem like a good place to start for a travel set.

Maple syrup bottles also sound good IF I can find some good maple syrup. Here in Texas, we get artificial imported stuff from places I need a globe to find and a chemical dictionary to understand the ingredients ... no Maple syrup from China [rant on] or HONEY [/rant off] either! :eek:

S Sid Post it doesn’t necessarily have to be a maple syrup bottle, that just happens to be what I used. The ones I keep in the camper have come from all sorts of things... olive oil, other liquors, fancy sodas/water, you name it. When I recycle glass, I check to see if any of the containers are good for other things before I toss them.

Often, you can also find small resealable bottles in the dollar store, bargain stores, or even thrift stores. Just have to keep your eyes open, and maybe pour out the contents of a $1 item to get the bottle.

just something to consider

Yes, I have considered some Muth bottles commonly used for honey. Your reference reminded me of the Maple syrup sample bottle I got at the Comfort Inn in Montpelier, Vermont when I checked in. They reminded me of a flask at the time and brought back some really good memories with my now deceased mother.
36mGekp.jpg

THANKS!

Spotted this one by the side of the road the other day. Personally I’m such a degenerate I don’t think flasks are big enough. If I need to carry booze to go I try to fill my pockets with the little mini bottles they have behind the counter.
2F9C33ED-6287-4ECE-BB4B-D468E9206CDC.jpeg

Just caved and got one of these. I have a weakness for anything in Ti.

I've got one inbound as well. At ~$55, it was a little too hard to resist.

However, I'm still thinking about some smaller glass whisky bottles too. And, I may get some real cheap rot gut booze to test a muth bottle for leaks or cork loss when gently heated like it might see in a parked car. I am thinking one of the bottles with the wire bale to capture the cap is best though.

I've got one inbound as well. At ~$55, it was a little too hard to resist.

However, I'm still thinking about some smaller glass whisky bottles too. And, I may get some real cheap rot gut booze to test a muth bottle for leaks or cork loss when gently heated like it might see in a parked car. I am thinking one of the bottles with the wire bale to capture the cap is best though.
Sounds a lot like those maple syrup bottles some folks are mentioning.

Back