Whiskey flasks?

Well, unwrapped the flasks for Christmas yesterday! :)

IMG_3263.jpg

As you can see, I got the green wrap for the larger one. I like it better. Brown or tan would have been nice too.

I definitely won't be pocket-carrying the larger one, lol. It's heavy enough as is (mine is 17.5oz alone; yes, more than a pound! :eek:), but add ~8fl.oz. of your favorite beverage, and it's just too much at almost 26 ounces (1.6 pounds)! Not a problem for carrying in a bag to a game or show or fishing or something, but not something I'll be putting in my coat or back pocket, lol. Probably will see most of it's usage in my fishing bag or backpack.

The smaller one weighs in at 9.9oz empty. Still not a lightweight, and at almost 14oz filled with close to 4 fl.oz. of your favorite beverage, you won't forget it's there. But it is much more manageable in a pocket, and I expect it will see some use that way.

All in all, they're really nice, and the quality is there. I'm happy with them overall, but my main gripe is the weight. I knew that they'd be heavy going in, so I'm ok with that. :)

I carry a Vargo Titanium funnel flask. Runs app $75. I love it! So much I bought one for each of my children. It doesn't change the taste of the contents no matter how long it's been in it. It has a built in silicon funnel to make filling easy. It holds enough, 8oz. It's helped many a hard day at the office.
Bob

Curiously enough, I was at my dad’s house for Christmas, and while helping him root through his garage for something, he picked up two stainless flasks from a shelf and asked me if I wanted one. They could be 5 years old, or 50... you just never know with his garage.

Anyway, anyone know anything about this from the maker’s mark? I’m assuming it’s a cheapie, but you never know.
ClyUCMh.jpg

LptbfAG.jpg

xZ1ZQxt.jpg

Curiously enough, I was at my dad’s house for Christmas, and while helping him root through his garage for something, he picked up two stainless flasks from a shelf and asked me if I wanted one. They could be 5 years old, or 50... you just never know with his garage.

Anyway, anyone know anything about this from the maker’s mark? I’m assuming it’s a cheapie, but you never know.
ClyUCMh.jpg

LptbfAG.jpg

xZ1ZQxt.jpg
That's probably a good one with some age, the cheapies usually aren't marked or patterned.

If I get another flask, it will probably be pewter or copper.
Well, I started a second job; and, to celebrate having some fun money again, I bought myself a Jacob Bromwell flask (The Roosevelt). I think my Vargas titanium will still be my go to for conferences, and the like (assuming those sort of things come back after the pandemic); but I'll definitely find reasons to use the JB.

I've had my Stanley for 20 yrs now. It has never leaked a drop. Fits in my pockets & has been dropped a few times with no dents or ill effects. I do wish they offered one in 12oz though.

Back