"White Owl"... 3.5" Equal End... from GEC

Dunno, but one just like this one was very recently sold on the auction site as White Owl 681211 STL. And the listing reads:
"White owls are a pretty hard to find pattern, and this one is especially rare with steel frame and no badge, 1 of 19 made."

After seeing your pictures I regret not bidding.

Last edited:
This Knife does not appear to make sense to me or the GEC production lists.

I bought this 68 at the recent GEC Rendezvous from the display case in the GEC store. The tang stamp and the tube list this knife as a 681211. There is nothing on the 2011 production total lists with this number and these Antique Yellow Jigged bone covers. I’m thinking this one was put together to sell at the Rendezvous from leftover parts. But, for some reason they didn’t label the tube as a Special Assembly Knife like they normally do. It has the Antique Yellow Jigged bone handles & all steel construction that were only offered on the 2013 Pony Jacks. Also, no shield like the 2013 Pony Jacks. However, it has the opposite end blade configuration of the 2011 White Owls. None of the 2011 listed 68’s had a configuration like this one. So I think it is a “parts” knife, but have no way of knowing for sure.

What do you think? Is there any information that I am missing?

yVAlZlz.jpg

I saw one like this before on the forum, thought someone turned their pony jack into a white owl of sorts since the covers and all steel construction are those of a pony jack. They made them with these exact covers, besides rust red jigged bone, ebony and nifebrite. The clip point has a nail nick though, so the spring (I assume there's only one?) and the blades seem to be from a white owl. Very interesting. :thumbsup: Certainly wouldn't mind if GEC made some more like yours or in the jack configuation. :)

Dunno, but one just like this one was very recently sold on the auction site as White Owl 681211 STL. And the listing reads:
"White owls are a pretty hard to find pattern, and this one is especially rare with steel frame and no badge, 1 of 19 made."

After seeing your pictures I regret not bidding.

The Owl is a great pattern. Mine is a 682211. I'll check in on this mystery from time to time.

93C915CF-72EF-4233-991A-EFA2E8DB6A6D.jpeg

Not to hijack the thread...just wanted to post the Pony Jack version of Travman's #68 owl. I wish I could get this one back. I'd go for another run of #68's in these covers all the way around!!
Peter
View attachment 1180813
When I saw mine in the case at GEC, this is what I assumed it was. I assumed it was the 2013 Pony Jack version like yours. I bought a few knives at the same time so I didn’t really check out my new 68 until the following morning.

I notice this thread has some picture casualties, if anyone has a burning desire to show off some #68s go for it! Personally I’m fond of the Northfield’s with bails, but any would be nifty.
Thanks, Neal

I take it back Neal!! Upon close examination, the previous owner may have neatly removed the Bail!! :rolleyes:

I take it back Neal!! Upon close examination, the previous owner may have neatly removed the Bail!! :rolleyes:

Correct!:cool: The original was pmew from Scotland who gave it to me, he removed the bail. I then passed the knife back to the States. It is Coco but is so dark that it looks like Ebony. I think I may have the original tube somewhere...

Big White Owl enthusiast here, really would like to get hold of a Spear one as all mine are Clips.

Thanks, Will

cnTrrPs.jpg

Last edited:
Back