White River Knives

wrcb

White River Knives
Thank you for taking the time to visit our section of Blade Forums! We are excited to be here. Feel free to post, ask questions, or share your experiences about White River Knives. We will do our best to respond to any post as fast as possible. We are a small family operated company, and the people who handle social media are the same ones making the knives. It might be a day or so, but we will be around. For general information feel free to visit us on our website.

Welcome! I look forward to seeing some of your work! :)

A picture thread would be awesome.

I'm actually taking another look at some of these tomorrow. It's the first one my knife shop brought out to me when I visited asking about light weight hiking knives and he speaks highly of them. I'd like to see the weights listed in the specs of some of the others. The backpacker if a recall correctly was only 2.4 oz, comfortable for me to hold, was very sharp and has multiple carry options. Is this going to be available in cpm 3v?

I'd like to see the weights listed in the specs of some of the others... Is this going to be available in cpm 3v?

Thank you for the post. We will work on adding the weights to the specs. We do not have plans at this time to produce these in 3V, but that's not to say we never will.

I misspoke. I was hoping for a larger knife in 3v. I read an article that mentioned it was something in the works. I did order the caper this week and can't wait to receive it. Your distributor has been wonderful to work with. Kudos to you and him for such a quick turn around time. I wasn't expecting to receive it that fast.

Will the new Justin Gingrich series be available soon? It's a bit of a drive for me but I'd love to see it when I pick up my caper.

Hey, got to see you guys at last years blade show and I loved what you guys brought. Great knives

Well, I am really looking forward to working with the folks at Whiteriver.
The field knife that we are doing together is the best hunter style field knife that I have had in my hands. My wife and I both used it to clean deer and hogs and general camp chores. I have played with this design for months back and forth getting the small things just right so that it is a good user.
With the flat grind and convex edge combined with an excellent choice of steel will make this one a real keeper.
You all are really going to like it when it comes out.

Own a Backpacker and it is replacing my BK14 as my FBEDC.
I would really like to see handle scales for it though. I'm giving serious thought to doing my own micarta for it.
The sheath is perfect............

Well, I am really looking forward to working with the folks at Whiteriver.
The field knife that we are doing together is the best hunter style field knife that I have had in my hands. My wife and I both used it to clean deer and hogs and general camp chores. I have played with this design for months back and forth getting the small things just right so that it is a good user.
With the flat grind and convex edge combined with an excellent choice of steel will make this one a real keeper.
You all are really going to like it when it comes out.

The Fisk / White River collaboration is going to be great, and the model that you are referring to is top of the line. We are excited to work with you as well, and cannot wait to make your knives!

The "White River Caper" is essentially the backpacker with G10 handle scales... http://www.whiteriverknives.com/collections/caper

Ohyeah! However,

a)KC did not have it in stock when I ordered and b) I'd very much like to do my own scales for it in Orange and black satin micarta. I have a feeling the sheer number of layers of a thin fabric will be cool when finished and satin will give it a brilliant shine when I am done polishing. Also I think the "D" shaped lanyard hole you have designed into the thing will make for a nice place to hide the knot. I do not expect to replicate the quality of the Caper scales but it will be my very own :)

Of course I will post pics when I am done.

Man, I just noticed you guys had a subforum here. Big fan of the blades I've seen from you guys. My Knucklehead is my favorite skinner by far.

We are headed to the bush next week to do more field testing. Hogs are running wild down here.
That's the fun part about knife making is the testing and the last time I used the colab piece with Whiteriver it really worked well.
If we get a hog I will try to post a photo if I can.

Hi Folks! Good to see you here. We can totally relate with the comment regarding those who handle your social media. Our social media team is comprised of the same warm bodies that make up the knife making crew, the research & development committee, the janitorial staff, the leather workers, the pencil pushers .....and the list goes on :eek:
Just a different take on "Be all you can be. ". Keep up the good work!

Wish you guys had someone in Canada selling your knives. I'll have to start bugging Jay at Warriors and Wonders in Vancouver BC to bring some in. I really want a S30V Backpacker.

Good news - they will be stocked soon (April/May) at Supply Sergeant in Alberta www.supplysergeant.ca Also Razorsharpunlimited and knifecenter ship anywhere....

Back