White River Knucklehead Kydex Retention

Just got my new WR Knucklehead in the mail today. Really happy with the overall feel/ergonomics and it came crazy sharp out of the box; however, when I went to place it in the kydex sheath, there was a lot of give in the rear of the sheath and there wasn't nearly the same amount of retention as I have had in my Candiru, BK24, or Brous SS factory sheaths. Is this normal? Should I be worried about retention during high activity? etc?

Thanks in advance. I noticed there hasn't been a ton of activity on this part of the forum, but figured this was the best place to find another knucklehead (user) :D.

Last edited:
Just got my new WR Knucklehead in the mail today. Really happy with the overall feel/ergonomics and it came crazy sharp out of the box; however, when I went to place it in the kydex sheath, there was a lot of give in the rear of the sheath and there wasn't nearly the same amount of retention as I have had in my Candiru, BK24, or Brous SS factory sheaths. Is this normal? Should I be worried about retention during high activity? etc?

Thanks in advance. I noticed there hasn't been a ton of activity on this part of the forum, but figured this was the best place to find another knucklehead (user) :D.

Hello Deinos. We do our best to match the knife up with a great fitting sheath. We did recently re-design the knucklehead sheath and have increased the retention slightly. Here is a photo of the new version. If you are not happy with your sheath and would like a replacement please contact us directly via email at info (at) thewhiteriver (dot) com for further information.

Knuck-Sheath.jpg

Hello Deinos. We do our best to match the knife up with a great fitting sheath. We did recently re-design the knucklehead sheath and have increased the retention slightly. Here is a photo of the new version. If you are not happy with your sheath and would like a replacement please contact us directly via email at info (at) thewhiteriver (dot) com for further information.

View attachment 961996
Thanks for the reply. I actually got in touch with customer service shortly after this post, and they hooked me up with a new sheath.

Amazing knife at a great price point. Shocked how much I like the chisel grind, which I was a little reticent about before purchase. Will definitely be buying more White River products in the future given the quality and customer service. You guys definitely have a lot to be proud of. Keep up the good work!

I noticed the same thing. It was an easy fix. I used hardware similar to what is used to attach the sheath belt loop, just smaller. Drilled a hole in the sheath and through the side of the pocket clip that lays aginst the sheath. Problem solved.
bavM00v.png

The new knucklehead sheath looks good. I love how White River seems to be constantly improving their products.

Back