Whitetails Unlimited knife value?

I recently acquired a Buck Whitetails Unlimited custom knife. It appears to be the Mini-Alpha model and came in a walnut presentation box. The blade has a whitetail buck head cut through it, and both the box and wood grip has Whitetails Unlimited laser cut into them.

I did thorough searches on the web and cannot find a single mention of it anywhere. Any idea what this knife is worth? -TONY

Outdoor Writer said:
I recently acquired a Buck Whitetails Unlimited custom knife. It appears to be the Mini-Alpha model and came in a walnut presentation box. The blade has a whitetail buck head cut through it, and both the box and wood grip has Whitetails Unlimited laser cut into them.

I did thorough searches on the web and cannot find a single mention of it anywhere. Any idea what this knife is worth? -TONY
Welcome to the Blade forum. I can't answer your question, but there are many very knowledgeable folks here and one of them is sure to provide an answer.

Thanks, Mike. Hope someone can provide something on it. I bought the knife during a silent auction. It's new with the Buck warranty registration but no other box other than the walnut one. -TONY

Outdoor Writer, welcome, for someone here to be able to help you get the info you want a few pictures would sure help. Buck marks their knives on the tang near the guard. We'd need that marking, and they sometimes put info on and in the boxes that help with specifics. Preston

Hi Preston,

It would be a bit difficult to confuse this mini-alpha with any others. I doubt many have a whitetail buck head that appears to be laser cut through the middle of the blade. :)

All the tang has on it is Buck Custom, U.S.A. with the Buck anvil.

If I get a chance in between several other must-dos, I'll take a couple photos. -TONY

Ok, guys, here are a couple quickie photos. -TONY

Buck1.jpg

Buck2.jpg

Tony, until someone who knows about these comes along you might go the e-bay and check recent and completed auctions...this is a good way to get an idea of what it's worth. You know that "what is it worth?" is a somewhat subjective thing:). Preston

I did that, as indicated by my first message of searching the web. Ebay was included in that search, Now, admittedly, I didn't search the competed auctions there. So I'll give that a try. -TONY

EDIT: Just did the completed auction search -- nada. So there is no listing, either ongoing or done, for this knife. -TONY

it is a show knofe only! any knife with a periced blade is NOT intended as a user for cutting game or other food items as it is almost impossable to clean ...
the lazer cut is nice looking ... however it is like so many other ordered knives.. if you have an order of 200 or more buck can give you what you want!! IMHO it is like any other collectable as a company logo knife... about the same as the non imaged ones....of value to fill in a slot of related items...

Back